A 10-day counseling session of the Delhi University will begin on May 22, 2017, wherein students seeking admission can get guidance.
The Delhi University is starting the online registration process almost two weeks ahead of its usual schedule, i.e. on May 22, 2017, for courses in which the admission is based on the cut-off marks.
Note: The last date to fill the admission form has not been finalized yet.
About the 'Open Days' Counseling session?
- The 'Open Days' will begin from May 22, 2017.
- The last day of Open Day would be May 31, 2017.
- The university officials will address all the queries from 10 am to 1 pm only.
- 'Open Days' would be held on all working days.
- All the queries can be discussed at Conference Centre, Gate No. 4, North Campus (Delhi).
Why is the 'Open Days' conducted:
- 'Open Days' are conducted by the University of Delhi every year to counsel and guide the admission seekers and their parents.
More on the 'Open Days':
- M Pandit, a member of DU's admission committee said, "Students can start filling the online registration form from May 22. As we are starting the registration earlier, students will have enough time to get their certificates and other documents in place.''
- "There are around 1600 seats in undergraduate courses in which entrance test is conducted," said an official. DU registrar Tarun Das said the registration process for all programs and categories will be online.
- DU has also released the list of entrance based UG courses.
- This year, the university will be conducting an entrance test for a total of nine undergraduate courses. In comparison to last year, only one more course has been added to the list of entrance based courses, i.e. BA (Hons) in Music.
- Undergraduate merit-based programs: May 22, 2017.
- Undergraduate entrance based programs: May 31, 2017.
- Post Graduate programs: May 31, 2017.
- MPhil/ PhD programs: May 31, 2017.
For any query related to admission, all the candidates are advised to check the official website of Delhi University (DU).