The COMEDK Under Graduate Entrance Test (COMEDK-UGET 2016) exam date is released. The entrance exam is scheduled to be conducted on May 8, 2016.
The COMEDK exam, conducted by Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka (COMED-K) will be held to offer admission to undergraduate medical, dental and engineering courses in Comedk member institutions for the academic session 2016.
For UG Engineering courses:
- Aspirant should have qualified in class 12 higher secondary or its equivalent examination recognised by state/central government. The last two years of study should comprise of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with English as a compulsory subject
- Candidates belonging to general merit should have passed class 12 with a minimum aggregate of 45 per cent marks (40 per cent in the case of SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka State) in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Candidate should have passed these subjects individually
For UG Medical/Dental courses:
- Candidates should have completed class 12 or its equivalent examination recognised by state/central government. The last two years of study should be comprised of Physics, Chemistry and Biology (PCB) with English as a compulsory subject
- Candidate belonging to general merit category must have passed the mentioned subjects (PCB) individually and should have obtained a minimum of 50 per cent marks taken together in PCB (40 per cent in the case of SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka State)
- Candidates who are appearing for the qualifying examination are also eligible to apply
Candidate should be 17 years of age on or before December 31, 2016 of the year of admission to the MBBS/BDS course.
The entrance exam will be conducted in following districts: Bangalore, Belgaum, Bellary, Davangere, Dharwad, Gulbarga, Mangalore, Mysore and Tumkur.