- M.Sc. in Physics
- M.Sc. in Chemistry
- M.Sc. in Mathematics
Admissions for JAM qualified candidates:
- Application form for the Admission and Information Brochure may be downloaded from the Institute website.
- Submit separate application form for M.Sc.(Physics), M.Sc. (Chemistry) and M.Sc.(Mathematics) based on JAM score for respective subjects.
- Written Entrance Test (JAM qualified candidates need not appear in the test) JAM qualified candidates with their valid score will be considered for the admission to M.Sc. programme based on inter-se-merit.
- The written entrance examinations for admission to various courses are aimed at assessing the candidate's understanding of the concepts in the principles of subjects of study. Merely passing of entrance test does not guarantee the admission to the M.Sc. courses, unless candidate satisfies other eligibility criterion.
Application procedure for written entrance test:
- Application form for the written entrance test and Information Brochure may be downloaded from the Institute website.
- Separate written entrance test will be conducted for M.Sc.(Physics), M.Sc. (Chemistry) and M.Sc.(Mathematics).
- Fill the application form as per the M.Sc. programme of your interest.
- Separate application for each M.Sc. programme (Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics) is required for appearing in written examination of that course with DD and documents.
Demand draft (DD) of Rs. 300/- (for general and OBC)/Rs. 150 (for SC/ST) drawn in favour of "Director, VNIT, Nagpur" payable at Nagpur must be sent along with each application form.
Documents required with application form:
- Attested photocopy of high school (X Standard) certificate for date of birth
- Attested photocopy of SC/ST/OBC/OM/PWD certificate, if applicable
- Attested photocopies of mark/grade sheets of intermediate and B.Sc.
- Proof of appearing B.Sc. final examination
- Attested photocopy of JAM score card, if applicable.
Duly filled application form, DD and documents should reach to(x) the address given for communication between 28th April and 16th May, 2014 (Last date 16th May 2014 till 5.00 pm).
Written test features:
- There will be a separate entrance test for M.Sc. (Physics), M.Sc. (Chemistry) and M.Sc. (Mathematics).
- Students can appear in more than one entrance test provided he/she has sent the application forms for the appropriate programmes and he/she fulfills the eligibility criteria.
- Separate application forms will have to be submitted along with the necessary documents and DD for each entrance test to M.Sc. (Physics), M.Sc. (Chemistry) and M.Sc. (Mathematics).
- If student has applied for more than one programme, he/ she will get different roll number for each test.
- The syllabus for entrance test is also different for the three M.Sc. programmes.
- The entrance test will be of objective type and of one hour duration.
Date: The entrance tests will be conducted on 25th May, 2014
Duration: One Hour
The schedule for the tests:
- Entrance test for M.Sc. (Physics): 9:00 am to 10:00 am
- Entrance test for M.Sc. (Chemistry): 11:00 am to 12:00 pm
- Entrance test for M.Sc. (Mathematics): 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm
Address for communication (for sending duly filled application form of written entrance test with DD and other documents/ also for JAM candidate):
Dr. P. Pramod Chakravarthy
Department of Mathematics,
Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology,
Nagpur 440 010.
Contact Numbers : 0712 - 2801404
Click here for further details and to apply