M.Sc. in Physics:
M.Sc. (Physics) programme imparts hands on training in theoretical as well as practical aspects of physics, so that students' ability to tackle physics problems is inculcated in them. This programme lays thrust on fundamentals of core and applied subjects of Physics and also provides knowledge on topics of current interest. In the M.Sc. programme, total 15 theory courses will be taught over four semesters. There will be a seminar and a project. The department has well equipped labs to provide practical skills to students.
M.Sc. in Chemistry:
The special feature of M.Sc. (Chemistry) is a good foundation of basics and research component through practical skills, which in turn will provide excellent job prospects in Academics, Industries and other field of interest. M.Sc. (Chemistry) will provide competence to tackle frontier area in Green chemistry, Supramolecular chemistry, Sensors, Advanced materials and Advanced organic chemistry.
M.Sc. in Mathematics:
The objective of the M. Sc. (Mathematics) is to develop highly qualified/trained mathematicians to cater to the needs of the industry, teaching and research institutions. Department of Mathematics has highly qualified, motivated, dynamic and experienced faculty members. The M.Sc.(Mathematics) programme intended to offer a balanced combination of core and applied courses of Mathematics. It also emphasizes advanced developments in the field of analysis, fluid mechanics, mathematical physics and scientific computing.
Direct admission to JAM qualified candidates as per inter-se-merit.
About the Course:
Two year full time M.Sc. programme in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Science is basic foundation of any technological and engineering creation. In view of the changing scenario at national and international level in field of Science and Technology, there is great demand for basic sciences with considerable knowledge of its applications. VNIT is committed to high academic standards. The M.Sc. courses are designed for four semesters (two years) in such a way that a good basic foundation of subjects is laid and applications along with recent developments are covered. Students will also get theoretical and practical knowledge of computer programming. These M.Sc. programmes provide opportunity to make career in R&D, industries and academic institutions. Opportunity for the placement may be provided by the Institute.
- M.Sc.(Physics): Candidates must have Physics at B.Sc./Bachelor degree level in all the three years along with Mathematics as one of the subjects.
- M.Sc. (Chemistry): Candidates must have Chemistry at B.Sc./Bachelor degree Level in all the three years and any other combination.
- M.Sc.(Mathematics): Candidates must have Mathematics at B.Sc. /Bachelor degree Level in all the three years and any other combination.
- Candidates appearing in the final year of B.Sc. degree may also apply. He/She is required to submit the proof of appearing in the exam like admit card/hall ticket.
The candidates must also clear a written entrance test successfully for the admission. The written test will be conducted by VNIT and consists of objective type questions.
For JAM (Joint Admission Test for M.Sc. conducted by IITs) qualified candidates with valid score and above cut-off, this written entrance test is not necessary. They can directly apply for admission. JAM qualified candidates will be given the preference as per inter-se-merit, in the admission to the M.Sc. Programmes.
Candidates have to downlaod application form and send the duly filled application form with a DD of Rs. 300/- (general category and OBC) / Rs. 150/- (SC/ST) to the Institute.
- Submission of hard copy of the application forms for written test/ JAM candidates: 26th April to 16th May, 2014.
- Last date of submission of hard copy of the application form.
- Display of eligible candidates' list for written entrance examination on institute website: 21st May, 2014 at 11:00 am.
- Written Entrance Test (Venue: Department of Mathematics at VNIT Nagpur ): 25th May, 2014 (Sunday)
Physics : 9:00 to 10:00 am
Chemistry : 11:00 am to 12:00 pm
Mathematics : 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm
- Display of merit list on institute websit: 30th May, 2014.
- Admission process (Round I): 7th July, 2014 (Personal Reporting: 9:00 am to 10:00 am).
- Admission process ( Round II): 17th July, 2014 (Personal Reporting: 9:00 am to 10:00 am).
- Admission to wait listed candidates against vacancies: 25th July, 2014.
- Start of semester: 28th July, 2014.
Click here for further details and to apply