UK-based Staffordshire University invites applications for January 2017 intake of MSc Aeronautical Engineering programme
USPs of the course: Staffordshire University's School of Engineering presents the Aeronautical Engineering MSc programme with the basic aim to enhance the professional competence, application skills and knowledge of aeronautical engineers.
Accredited by the Institute of Mechanical Engineers and the Institution of Engineering and Technology, this course sets the academic benchmark required for registration as a Chartered Engineer. It advances its students' understanding of the theories learnt at the graduate level and focuses on its practical applications in the real world.
Not every university that teaches engineering includes Aeronautical Engineering in its structure, but Staffordshire University has been running this new and innovative programme in this area since 2012. The highlights of the course include educating its learners on fixed wing and rotary aircraft, subsonic and supersonic flight regimes, aircraft propulsion systems, aircraft control systems, materials, etc.
- The key modules of the course include Control Systems for Aeronautics, Aircraft Propulsion Systems, Advanced Aeronautics and Advanced Vehicle Aerodynamics.
- Moreover, the final semester concludes with an individual research-based dissertation which allows the students to enhance their knowledge by exploring an area of interest which supports their career ambitions.
- Overall, on completion of the Aeronautical Engineering MSc programme, the students will be able to demonstrate a more professional and competent approach towards their field.
Extended International Masters for international students
- For international students, Staffordshire University has designed an extended version of this programme. It is called the Extended International Masters in Aeronautical Engineering.
- It includes an extra semester of preliminary study to prepare international students for postgraduate learning in the UK.
- The first semester of this course provides its students with the academic, professional and technical skills that will help them to succeed in their chosen programme, post which they study specialist modules depending on their chosen discipline.
- 18 months for Aeronautical Engineering MSc
- 24 months for Aeronautical Engineering (Extended International) MSc
Career Prospects for Course Graduates
- The programme graduates will be able to apply for a large range of technical, engineering, analytical, operation or management jobs within the aerospace and airline industries.
Who is eligible?
- Candidates are expected to have a second class honors' degree or equivalent in a related engineering or technology discipline.
- English language requirements include an overall IELTS score of 6.0 with minimum of 5.5 in Speaking, Writing, Reading and Listening.
- Candidates not meeting the above mentioned criteria but having significant appropriate experience will also be given due consideration.
- January 2017
- £12,000 for Aeronautical Engineering MSc
- £12,500 for Aeronautical Engineering (Extended International) MSc.
- New Merit Scholarship of up to £2,000 is available to Indian students enrolling for the first time in January 2017.
- Application Deadline: September 30, 2016
How to apply?
- Candidates have to apply online.
- The link for the MSc Aeronautical Engineering is http://www.staffs.ac.uk/course/SSTK-04712.jsp
For further information and queries, contact: Lisa.Blenkinsop@staffs.ac.uk