Applications are invited by National Institute of Technology (NIT), Silchar for admission to Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) programme.
The programmes are offered in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Humanities and Social Sciences for the commencing session July 2015.
- Ph.D in Science Programme: Candidates should have master degree in the relevant discipline with a minimum CPI of 6.5 (on a 10 point scale) or equivalent (60% of marks). For SC/ST candidates, a minimum CPI of 6.0 (on a 10 point scale) or equivalent (55% of marks) is required
- Ph.D in Humanities and Social Sciences Programme: Candidates must have master's degree in any discipline with a minimum CPI of 6.0 (on a 10 point scale) or equivalent (55% of marks). For SC/ST candidates, a minimum CPI of 5.5 (on a 10 point scale) or equivalent (50% of marks) is required
How to Apply
- Candidates can obtain the application form from the university's website.
- The filled up application form must be accompanied with an application fee of Rs. 500 (for general/OBC) or Rs.300 (for SC/ST) in the form of crossed demand draft in favour of Director, NIT Silchar, payable at Silchar
- For more details and information on application procedure, please visit their official website
- The selection of candidates will be based on the marks obtained in the entrance examination and interview conducted by the institute
- Last date for submission of application forms: May 05, 2015
- Last date of publication of the list of short listed candidates: May 20, 2015
- Date of interview: June 10, 2015 to June 15, 2015
- For more information, visit www.nits.ac.in