Dr B. R. Ambedkar National Institute of Technology (NIT),Jalandhar has invited applications for admission to full time Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) programmes in Engineering, Sciences, Humanities and Management for the session 2016.
The institute offers Ph.D programme under the department of Electronics & Communication Engineering, Textile Technology, Humanities & Management, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
Ph.D in Engineering Programmes: Candidate should have completed master's degree in Engineering/Technology in the relevant area of research along with bachelor's degree in appropriate branch of Engineering/Technology with a first class or minimum 60% marks (or CGPA of 6.5 on 10 point scale) in the qualifying examination.
Ph.D. in Science Programmes: Candidate should have completed a master's degree in appropriate branch of Science with a first class or minimum 60% Marks (or CGPA of 6.5 on 10 point scale) in the qualifying examination.
Ph.D in Humanities & Management Programmes: Candidate should have a master's degree in Management/related areas of Management (Commerce, Public Administration, Engineering Law, Mathematics, Statistics, Psychology, Economics, Business Economics, Sociology etc.) with 60% Marks (or CGPA of 6.5 on 10 point scale) in the qualifying examination in Management and 55% marks in Humanities or Social Sciences (or a CGPA of 6.0 on 10 point scale).
How to Apply?
- Candidates can visit the official website to apply online
- Candidates need to submit separate application forms, if applying for more than one programme.
- Application Fee of Rs 1,000/- (Rs.500/- for SC/ST candidates) .
- Candidates can pay the application fee by bank transfer through NEFT to the Institute Bank Account: Account Name: Director, Dr B R Ambedkar National Institute of Technology, Jalandhar, Account Number: 55088193207, Bank: State Bank of Patiala, Branch: REC, Jalandhar, IFSC Code: STBP0000841.
- A scanned copy of the filled application form and certificates should be sent by Email to the concerned Head of Department. Hard copy of the application should also be submitted in an envelope which must be superscripted as "Application for admission to Ph.D (full time) in the department of _______".
- Selection of candidates will be based on the score in the entrance test conducted by the respective departments
- The minimum qualifying marks in the entrance test for general category students shall be 40% i.e. 24 marks out of 60 ( 35% i.e. 21 out of 60 for SC/ST/OBC candidates).
- Shortlisted candidates will be called for the presentation and interview for the final selection.
- Last date to submit application: December 11, 2015
- Display of list of eligible candidates: December 18, 2015
- Date of written test: December 28, 2015
- Date of interview/presentation: January 11, 2016
- Display of list of selected candidates: January 15, 2016
For more information on college and courses, visit the college website