Applications are invited by National Institute of Technology (NIT), Delhi for admission to Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) programmes.
Admissions are offered in the following programmes for the academic year 2016:
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Electronics Communication and Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering and
- Applied Sciences (Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics)
Ph.D in Engineering Programme: Candidates must have completed master's degree in Engineering/Technology or equivalent in the relevant area of research. Candidates should have bachelor's degree in appropriate branch of Engineering/Technology or equivalent with a first class or equivalent grade point.
Ph.D in Sciences, Humanities, Management Programmes: Candidates must have master's degree in the relevant branch of Science/Humanities/Social Sciences/Management or its equivalent with first class or equivalent grade point. Candidate must also have a valid GATE score or NET certificate.
How to Apply?
- Visit the official website to apply online
- Application fee of Rs.1000/- (Rs.500/- for SC/ST candidates) has to be paid through a demand draft, drawn in favour of Director, National Institute of Technology Delhi payable at Delhi
- Candidates will be offered admissions at NIT Delhi based on their performance in the entrance test, conducted by the institute
- Candidates, who qualify the written test are expected to attend the interview
- Last date to submit application: July 01, 2016
- List of eligible candidates will be displayed on July 08, 2016