Applications have been invited for admissions into M.Tech programme at the Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad. The M.Tech programme at ISM is being offered in various specialisations for the academic session 2016-17.
The admissions to the M.Tech programmes at ISM, Dhandbad is done through ISM EE, which an entrance examination held by ISM itself. Candidates with GATE scores can apply for admissions at ISM directly. Candidates with a low score in GATE can appear for ISM EE. Candidates can apply for ISM EE online by April 12, 2016 for 2 year M.Tech programme and by June 23, 2016 for 3 ear M.Tech programme.
M.Tech programmes offered at ISM, Dhandbad for 2016 session are as follows:
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Engineering Geology
- Environmental Science & Engineering
- Fuel Engineering
- Industrial Engineering & Management
- Maintenance Engineering & Tribology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mineral Engineering
- Mineral Exploration
- Mining Machinery Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Petroleum Exploration
- Power System Engineering
- Underground Space Technology
For further details on application procedure, important dates, eligibility read on.
Eligibility for ISM EE 2016:
- Candidates should have a bachelor's degree from a university or institute recognised by UGC/AICTE. or
- Candidates must have a master's degree in science.
- General category candidates must have 55% aggregate or CGPA of 5.5 in 10 point scale, while the SC/ST candidates must have an aggregate of 50% or CGPA of 5.0
- Candidates applying through GATE must have valid GATE scores
- Candidates must have Mathematics as their compulsory subject in 10+2
- Candidates must be below 30 years of age.
How to apply for ISM EE 2016:
- Candidates can apply online through the official website of ISM, Dhandbad.
ISM EE 2016 Selection Procedure:
- Candidates shall be selected based on GATE scores and personal interview.
- Candidates who appear for ISM EE 2016 exam shall be selected based on their performance in ISM EE and personal interview.
ISM EE 2016 Exam Pattern:
The question paper of ISM will have 3 sections:
- Part A will have 30 questions of 1 mark each
- Part B will have 20 questions of 2 marks each
- Part C will have 10 questions of 3 marks each
There is negative marking, where 25% of the marks will be deducted for an incorrect answer.
Registrations for ISM EE
- Candidates can register online for ISM EE
- Details like email ID, name, sex, father's and mother's name, mobile number and password are required.
- Once logged in, candidates are required to enter their personal and academic details.
- Payment of fee of Rs 2000 (Rs 1000 for SC/ST candidates) has to be done online, once the application form submitted.
- Candidates are required to download and take a printout of the application form for further reference.
- Candidates will be selected for admissions into ISM Dhanbad based on their performance in the entrance examination.
- Last date for online application for 2 year M.Tech programme: April 12, 2016
- Last date for online application for 3 year M.Tech programme: June 23, 2016.
- ISM EE Admit cards: From May 5, 2016
- ISM EE examination: May 15, 2016
- ISM EE Results: June 20, 2016