Applications are invited by Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Patna for admission to 2 years Master of Technology (M.Tech) and Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) programme for the academic session July, 2016.
M.Tech programmes are offered in School of Engineering & Technology and Basic Sciences. While Ph.D programmes are offered in the department of Chemical & Biochemical Engineering, Chemistry, Civil & Environmental Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Humanities and Social Sciences, Materials Science & Engineering, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering and Physics.
Candidates must have completed bachelor's degree in Engineering/ Technology/ M.Sc or equivalent professional degrees (AMIE, etc). Candidate should also have a valid GATE score.
Ph.D in Engineering Programme:
- Candidates must have M.Tech/M.E degree in a Engineering/Technology, with a minimum CPI of 6.5 or 60% of marks OR
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Technology in a relevant area with a minimum CPI of 6.5 or 60% of marks OR
- Master's degree in Science in a relevant area with a minimum CPI of 6.5 or 60% of marks
Ph.D in Science Programme:
Candidates should have:
- M.Phil or master's degree in Science in a relevant area with a minimum CPI of 6.5 or 60% of marks OR
- Master's degree in Engineering/Technology in a relevant area with a minimum CPI of 6.5 or 60% of marks
For more details on eligibility criteria, visit the official website
How to Apply?
- Candidates should visit the official website to apply online
- The application fee of Rs 300/- should be paid by the candidates belonging to General/OBC (Male) candidates. While Rs 150/- should be paid by the candidates belonging to SC/ST/PD/Female (all categories)
- Application fee needs to be paid online or through challan
- Candidates must send the completed application form along with the relevant documents and e-receipt of online payment or challan to the following address: " The Assistant Registrar(Academics), Indian Institute of Technology Patna, Bihta, Kanpa Road, District - Patna, Bihar , PIN - 801103".
Candidates will be intimated to appear for the written test/ interview, based on their performance in GATE/NET, grades/marks in the qualifying examination.
M.Tech Programme: Rs 12,400/- per month will be provided to regular students (Indian nationals) under financial assistantships. To avail the benefit students should have a valid/qualifying GATE score and also above cut off marks prescribed for M.Tech programme.
- Candidates who have completed post graduate degree in Basic Science with NET/GATE qualification or graduate degree in Professional programme with NET/GATE qualification or post graduate degree in Professional programmes will be offered with JRF of Rs 25,000/-
- Candidates with JRF qualification and 2 years of research experience, will be offered financial assistantships of Rs 28,000/- per month
- Last date to apply online: April 25, 2016
- Last date to receive completed application forms: May 02, 2016