Defence Institute of Advanced Technology (DIAT) has invited applications from candidates who are interested and eligible to apply for Ph.D. programmes for the next academic year from January 2018.
The Ph.D. courses are full time and will be provided in areas like Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Applied Physics, Applied Mathematics, Materials Engineering and Applied Chemistry.
Candidates must note that that the fellowships from the institute are limited and they must apply soon to get the admitted. There are 3 vacancies available under the scholarship category for DIAT in Electronics Engineering. There are 2 vacancies in the Mechanical Engineering Department.
The last date to send in the applications is December 15, 2017.
Eligibility for DIAT Ph.D Admissions 2018
- Candidates with CSIR, DST, UGC NET, GATE, or any National Fellowship/ scholarship can apply for the Ph.D. admissions in any area of the subject.
- For the Ph.D. in engineering/Science, the candidates must have a Master of Engineering. Master of Technology or its equivalent.
- For Ph.D. in Science, they must have a Master of Science (M.Sc) or its equivalent.
- The candidate must have secured at least 55 percent or its equivalent CGPA/DGPA.
- The candidates who belong to SC/ST/OBC/PWD categories have a relaxation of 5 percent.
- The candidate must not be above the age of 28 years as on November 30, 2017.
- Age relaxation rules are applicable as per government rules.
Selection Process for DIAT Ph.D Admissions 2018
The Ph.D. admissions will be based on the the applicants' performance in the entrance exam which will be organized by the concerned department and based on a personal interview.
Financial Assistance for DIAT Ph.D Admissions 2018
- The candidates who are selected for the Ph.D. candidates under the Defence Institute of Advanced Technology scholarship will be provided financial assistance according to the rules of the Institute.
- The candidates who will be provided with financial assistance will have to assist on research and other activities like teaching for 10 hours per week (maximum)
- Along with the scholarship for Ph.D. these candidates who assist in other activities can avail the contingency grant.
Course and Application Fees for DIAT Ph.D Admissions 2018
- The candidates from General and OBC categories, who are selected for the Ph.D. programme will be required to pay Rs. 25,000 per semester,
- The candidates from SC and ST categories have to pay Rs. 15,000.
- the fee has to be paid at the time of joining along with the caution deposit of Rs. 10,000 by the first week of January 2018.
- Application Fee for candidates from general and OBC categories is Rs. 500 per programme.
- For candidates from SC and ST categories, the application fee is Rs. 250 per programme.
How to Apply for DIAT Ph.D Admissions 2018
- Visit the official website - www.diat.ac.in
- Find the notification link
- Read through the notification
- Find the link to application form and download it
- Fill in the application form and attach the necessary documents - mark lists, certificates, and other testimonials
- Super scribe the envelope as 'Application for Admission to Ph.D. Programme in the Department of ...............'
- Send the application form and other documents to 'Joint Registrar (Academics), Defence Institute of Advanced Technology, Pune 411025' through speed post only.
- Send the DD/ online generated receipt along with the form.