Applications are invited by Birla Institute of Technology (BIT), Mesra for admission to Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) programmes.
Programmes are offered in the following subjects:
Architecture, Bio-Engineering, Chemical Engineering & Technology, Chemistry, Civil & Environmental Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Management, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Pharmaceutical Science & Technology, Physics, Production Engineering, Remote Sensing and Space Engineering & Rocketry under full time/ part time categories for the academic session July, 2016.
- Candidates with M.Tech/ M.E/ M.Sc (Engg.)/ M.Arch/ M.Pharm/ M.Sc/ MCA/ MBA or equivalent Degree in relevant branch from a recognised University / Institute with minimum 60% marks or 6.0 CGPA on a ten point scale in the qualifying examination can apply.
- Candidates with B.Tech/ B.E/ B.Sc (Engg.)/ B.Pharm/ B.Arch or equivalent Degree in relevant branch from a recognised University/ Institute with minimum 70% or 7.0 CGPA on a ten point scale in the qualifying examination and a valid GATE score with a minimum of 80 percentile are eligible to apply.
How to Apply?
- Candidates can visit the official website to apply online
- Application fee of Rs 2,500/- (general candidates) and Rs 1,500/- (for SC/ST candidates) should be paid through State Bank Collect (any nationalized bank)
- Filled in application form along with required enclosures in a A4 size envelope by speedpost to the office of Dean, Admissions & Academic Coordination, Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi - 835215 with superscription "Application for Ph.D. Admission (MO) 2016 on top of the envelope"
- Admission to Ph.D programmes will be based on candidate's performance in the written test, previous academic record and interview
- Candidates, who obtain the minimum required marks in aptitude test, subject specific test and the indicated total percentage of marks, will be considered for final preparation of result
- Final results will be declared after considering the criteria mentioned in the table below
|Category of Applicant||Aptitude Test (100)||Subject Test (100)||Academic Record (60)||Interview (40)||Total (300)|
- Last date to submit application form: April 25, 2016
- Display of list of eligible candidates for written test & interviews: May 02, 2016
- Display of list of eligible candidates: May 23, 2016
- Date of written test and interview: May 23, 2016