84% students from Delhi choose career in India: Survey

84% students choose career in India: Survey

According to the survey, 84% of students from Delhi, choose their prospectus in India itself. While remaining 16% students movie abroad for higher education.

The survey 'Youth Economics: Career Expectations Survey' undertaken by PHD Chamber of Commerce and Industry found that students are grappled with multiple challenges such as lack of financial resources for pursuing education vis-a-vis ever increased prices and lack of employment opportunities.

Survey reveals, 29% of students pursue higher education after completing their graduation / post-graduation studies.

Around 59% students seek jobs to become financially independent.

Private sector jobs edged over government jobs with excellent growth opportunities, fabulous remuneration packages and challenging roles compared to job security, privileges, stability and satisfaction at government jobs.

Other interesting facts about students:

  • 73% students financially dependent on their parents.
  • 19% students were dependent on scholarships or stipends.
  • 8% students dependent of home based businesses.
  • 16% students borrowed money to meet day-to-day expenses.
  • 3% students curtailed expenditures in terms of feed, clothing, transportation and entertainment.
  • 14% students opted for part-time jobs.
  • 12% students used previous savings.
  • 5% students said they felt no impact of inflation.

Stay tuned with Careerindia on: Entrance Exams, Admissions, News, Value Read, Online Courses, Educarewiz

For Quick Alerts
For Daily Alerts

    Select a Field of Study
    Select a Course
    Select UPSC Exam
    Select IBPS Exam
    Select Entrance Exam

    Thousands of Careerindia readers receive our evening newsletter.
    Have you subscribed?

    For great career opportunity, get instant updates on Education, Career & Job

    We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. This includes cookies from third party social media websites and ad networks. Such third party cookies may track your use on Careerindia sites for better rendering. Our partners use cookies to ensure we show you advertising that is relevant to you. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Careerindia website. However, you can change your cookie settings at any time. Learn more