"There is no changes in the IIT-JEE admission pattern and Top 20 percentile rule", said JAB Member.
On Sunday, in a meeting of its Joint Admissions Board (JAB) - the top admissions body of the IITs - decided that they will not entertain any proposal for change in the top-20-percentile eligibility criterion, for the moment.
In other words, the admission norms and the paper pattern of JEE - Advance will remain the same next year.
JEE was introduced in 2013, as per the eligibility criteria, students are required to clear the two-tier exam-JEE-Main and JEE-Advanced. Successful candidates also have to be among the top-20 percentile scorers in Class XII exams of their respective boards.
The IITs were also considering shortlisting the top two lakh candidates, instead of 1.5 lakh, from the JEE-Main.
However, that too will not change. "There is no need to shortlist more students as at the end only around 10,000 actually get selected. The rest get disqualified," said the official.
There will not be any change in the pattern of the test too.
"Most of the members felt we should allow the current multiple choice questions to continue without changes at least for the 2014 exam. The 2013 exam was conducted well on schedule," said JEE-Advanced 2013 chairman HC Gupta from IIT-Delhi.
IIT-Kharagpur will be conducting the entrance exam for the year 2014.
According to sources, some of the IIT directors had met HRD Minister M Pallam Raju here last week, to discuss a proposal to ease percentile cut-offs for entry into an IIT.
JAB is expected to meet again on 15th Sept at the IIT Kharagpur, where the matter would be discussed once again. Meanwhile, the IIT council is slated to meet on 3rd Sept 2013.