New RTE policy says, "No RTE quota seats for Open Category"

No RTE quota Seats for Open Category.
Once again, going back to the previous statement, the School Education Department has ordered the schools to keep the vacant seats in the 25% RTE quota open through out the year.

 

The School Education Minister Rajendra Darda had previously stated that schools can turn unfilled seats to the open category after the second round of admissions.

The School Education and Sports Minister JS Saharia claim that he has issued a circular saying that even if the seats are unfilled, schools cannot admit non-economically weaker section (EWS) students in them.

Minister JS Saharia said "The RTE is very clear that even if the seats are not filled, schools should keep them vacant. Schools will have to admit EWS students whenever they receive their applications throughout the year.''

Moreover, the Government has also removed the deadline on RTE admissions. Previously, the deadline was on July 31, 2013. The remaining unfilled seats were supposed to be open for open category, which are cancelled now.

As a result, DYFI activists staged a protest by occupying the school education minister's office in Bal Bhavan, Charni Road.

Preethy Sekhar, DYFI president told, "The percentage of seats in private schools filled through RTE in three years is less than 5% in Mumbai."

The circular has not yet been uploaded on the department's official website.

Satish Lotlikar, a senior official from Manik Vidya Mandir School, Bandra"The government is constantly changing its mind over the RTE rules. This is confusing us and hampering the RTE implementation."

For Quick Alerts
ALLOW NOTIFICATIONS  
For Daily Alerts

--Or--
Select a Field of Study
Select a Course
Select UPSC Exam
Select IBPS Exam
Select Entrance Exam
Get Instant News Updates
Enable
x
Notification Settings X
Time Settings
Done
Clear Notification X
Do you want to clear all the notifications from your inbox?
Settings X