Odisha JEE Medical courses Counselling from 22nd July

Medical courses Counselling from July 22
The Odisha Joint Entrance Examination (OJEE) board will commence counselling for Medical courses from July 22nd.


OJEE secretary Priyabrata Sahu said, "The counselling will be held for 85% state quota seats, for which about 4,000 students have registered for around 750 MBBS and 150 BDS seats,"

The counselling would be held at the Institute of Engineers in the city, he added.

This year, the counselling would be conducted for 850 MBBS seats, including 100 seats of newly established Sardar Raja Medical College at Jirang near Bhawanipatna in Kalahandi district and 150 BDS seats available in the State, OJEE officials said.

As per the Central Government's new guidelines, 85% seats in medical colleges are reserved for the candidates of respective States, and the rest 15% would be filled up according to all-India rank.

While the annual fee is Rs 25,000 for MBBS and BDS in government colleges. And Rs 4.25 lakh for MBBS and Rs 2.10 lakh for BDS in private colleges.

However, students to take admission under WODC category will pay 40% less than the usual fees.

A total of 11,121 candidates from the state had qualified the NEET-UG.

Meanwhile, final seat allotment list for the first phase of OJEE engineering was declared at 9 pm on Wednesday. The students could get to know about their trade and their college where they have to take admission.

On July 17, the OJEE had published provisional list of the engineering counselling which showed that out of the total 45,677 seats at various engineering colleges in the State.

Only 19,647 students had locked choice to take admission this year.

So the OJEE is planning to go for a second phase counselling as 25,820 engineering seats still lie vacant in colleges across the State.

For Quick Alerts
For Daily Alerts

Select a Field of Study
Select a Course
Select UPSC Exam
Select IBPS Exam
Select Entrance Exam
Get Instant News Updates
Notification Settings X
Time Settings
Clear Notification X
Do you want to clear all the notifications from your inbox?
Settings X