The registration lines for the Civil Services Preliminary Exam 2018 are now open. The Union Public Service Commission has released the application form in two parts for convenience sake. Lakhs of candidates in the country have already rushed to register themselves for this most coveted government exam. Here are the important details about UPSC Recruitment Exam 2018 that you must know.
UPSC Selection Process
UPSC has three stages of selection - a preliminary exam, a main exam and an interview. Although the number of stages are only three, the mode of selection is different.
The shortlisting of candidates for the main exam depends on their marks. The best of the ranks get into the Indian Administrative Service (IAS), the second top into Indian Forest Service (IFS), the third top into Indian Police Service (IPS) and so on. This means, a good score in the exam can get you the most sought-after position. However, a qualifying score can help you get placed in one of the civil services.
IAS, IFS and IPS are the topmost ranking services in the UPSC. Nevertheless, the order of selection has been varied from year to year.
UPSC Recruitment Exam 2018 Cut-off Marks (Expected)
- Preliminary - 150 to 200
- Main - 665 to 679
- Final - 850 to 889
The above mentioned marks are for the general category candidates and concession will be given for the reserved category as per government norms.
Click here to check out the UPSC Exam Pattern
UPSC Recruitment Exam 2018 Dates
- Civil Services Preliminary Exam - 3 June 2018
- I.E.S./I.S.S. Examination - 29 June 2018
- Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist Examination - 29 June 2018
- Engineering Services (Main) Examination - 1 July 2018
- Combined Medical Services Examination - 22 July 2018
- Central Armed Police Forces (ACs) Examination -12 August 2018
- N.D.A. & N.A. Examination (II) - 9 September 2018
- Civil Services (Main) Examination - 28 September 2018
- C.D.S. Examination (II) - 18 November 2018
- Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination - 2 December 2018
Click here to read the official UPSC date sheet.
How To Prepare For UPSC Civil Services Exam 2018
In order to prepare for the UPSC Exam 2018, follow the tips given here:
- Be thorough with the UPSC Syllabus.
- Stay updated with current affairs.
- Go through the UPSC reference books.
- Practise UPSC previous year question papers.
Also Read: Is Coaching A Must To Crack The IAS Exam?