Annually, the Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts a competitive entrance examination for recruiting candidates for the post of Constable (General Duty). This year, the commission has released a recruitment notification for more than 54,000 vacancies and started accepting online applications. Aspirants can apply online until September 17, 2018.
The selection of candidates will be based on the four phases that include an online computer-based test, physical and medical test. The online computer-based examination consists of 100 objective-type questions and each carries one mark. The exam consists of four sections, namely, general intelligence and reasoning, general knowledge and general awareness, elementary mathematics and English/Hindi. The duration of the exam is 90 minutes.
The competition for the SSC GD Constable post will be a huge as the number of vacancies crossed the fifty thousand mark. To ace the SSC GD Constable examination, one should prepare constructively which is possible through the best books. Here are the best books for the SSC GD Constable preparation.
SSC GD Constable Books For General Intelligence And Reasoning
The section tests the candidates on their reasoning ability and decision-making. Candidates will find both verbal and non-verbal reasoning questions. They have to pick the books that are good in analytical aptitude.
- Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning by RS Agarwal
- Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning by Kiran Publication
- Analytical Reasoning by MK Pandey
- Non-Verbal Reasoning by BS Sijwali & Indu Sijwali
SSC GD Constable Books For General Awareness And GK Section
The questions will be based on the trending issues. Candidates have to prepare a timeline for the current events. There will be factual GK questions as well. Hence, candidates should choose the books that carry the latest general awareness. Some of the books in this section are:
- General Knowledge by Manohar Pandey
- General Knowledge by Binay Karna
- Manorama Yearbook
- Monthly magazines such as Pratiyogita Darpan
SSC GD Constable Books For Elementary Mathematics
This is a scoring section for many aspirants because one can solve all the questions in less than the allotted time. The questions will be on the basic mathematical concepts. Aspirants should pick the preparation books that consists of practise papers and previous years' question papers.
- SSC Elementary and Advanced Mathematics by Kiran Prakashan
- Fast Track Objective Arithmetic by Rajesh Varma
- Quantitative Aptitude by Dr R. S. Aggarwal
SSC GD Constable Books For English Language Section
In this section, the SSC will test the candidates on the language skills. The questions will be on the comprehension skills besides grammar and vocabulary. Some of the best books in the English section are:
- Objective General English by R. S. Agarwal
- High School English Grammar & Composition by Wren & Martin
- Objective General English by S.P. Bakshi