Staff Selection Commission (SSC), which is a government recruiting organisation, conducts various examinations for different posts across the ministries and departments under the government of India. The Combined Graduate Level (CGL) is one amongst them and is conducted for Group 'B' and Group 'C' posts. The SSC CGL will be conducted in four tiers.
Every year, more than 20 lakh candidates compete for SSC CGL. To crack this highly competitive exam, one should prepare a strategy to stand out. Many aspirants might be searching a lot about what strategies toppers followed that helped them sail smoothly through the exam.
Apart from regular preparation, toppers expressed that they have focused on the weightage of topics besides taking online mock tests seriously. Here are the SSC CGL preparation tips by toppers which will be extremely useful during the last 10 days.
Top 10 SSC CGL Preparation Tips By Toppers
1. Most of the aspirants know that taking full-length mock tests is very important; however, many of them do not take them seriously. If they appear for the mock test also, they do not devote time to analyse their performance after the mock exam. This has to be addressed immediately.
2. The current affairs in the general awareness are very important. Toppers said that while reading about the current affairs, making notes and highlighting the points definitely helped during revision.
3. The SSC CGL Tier-I round is now conducted online; hence, it is suggested to acquaint yourself with the format to avoid any dubiety during the exam.
4. Aspirants might have solved the previous years' question papers long before they started SSC CGL preparation. Try to solve them one more time during the last days because there is a chance for direct questions.
5. Candidates should know how to solve a question using the elimination strategy. Though this is based on guesswork, one can score well with this strategy.
6. A smart way to attempt the question paper is required to crack SSC CGL. During the first 30 minutes, only attempt those questions that you are confident about. Later, you can move to the guesswork and elimination strategies.
7. During the last days of the preparation, toppers prepared the list of formulae in the quantitative aptitude section based on the topics and/or chapters. This will help you during the last-minute revision.
8. Never do anything new during the last days and that includes practising new shortcuts, reading new topics and referring to new study materials. To know the best books for SSC CGL, click here.
9. Vocabulary and grammar are the most important topics for the English language section. One should have good command over the topics such as synonyms and antonyms, idioms and phrases, phrase replacement and one-word substitution.
10. There will be negative marking of 0.50 for each wrong answer in the Tier-I round. While answering the questions, they should cross-check their answers. During the last days before the exam, aspirants should also increase their speed along with accuracy.