The recruitment notification from the Staff Selection Commission (SSC) attracts lakhs of job aspirants. The Combined Graduate Level (CGL), one of the recruitment examinations under SSC, is the most popular one conducted for recruiting candidates to Group B and Group C posts in various ministries and departments. The SSC CGL 2018 Tier-I is all set to be held between July and August.
The first and foremost task for aspirants preparing for SSC CGL is to scrutinise the books available to aid their preparation. There are many SSC CGL preparation books in the market, however, the list below talks about the best books for SSC CGL preparation. The examination will be conducted in four tiers and Tier-I consists of four sections, namely, general intelligence & reasoning, quantitative aptitude, general awareness and English language & comprehension. Explore the top 10 best books for SSC CGL preparation!
SSC CGL Best Books For English
1. Objective General English by S.P. Bakshi: It consists of many concepts and helps you prepare for the grammar-related questions in a constructive manner.
2. High School English Grammar & Composition by Wren & Martin: This is a very useful book for the grammar and vocabulary questions. Pay special attention while reading the grammar rules.
SSC CGL Best Books For General Awareness
3. Lucent's General Knowledge by Dr Binary Karn: This is one of the best books for the general knowledge section where everything is explained in a simple language. It provides all the basic information about history, geography, economy, science and Indian polity.
4. General Knowledge by Arihant Publications: Aspirants will find all the statistical data and facts in this book that are helpful to answer the questions easily.
SSC CGL Best Books For Maths
5. SSC Elementary and Advanced Mathematics by Kiran Prakashan: It is specially designed for the Staff Selection Commission examination. It provided all the information about elementary mathematics.
6. Fast Track Objective Arithmetic by Rajesh Varma: Candidates will find many shortcuts and tips in this book. One can also access many practise papers.
7. Quantitative Aptitude by Dr R. S. Aggarwal: This is the best book for clarity over the basic concepts and provides all the shortcuts to solve the questions in less than a minute.
SSC CGL Best Books For Reasoning
8. Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning by Dr R.S. Aggarwal: This is the best book for the reasoning section. It clearly explains concepts and provides hundreds of practise questions.
9. Analytical Reasoning by M.K. Pandey: It provides a lot of practise questions based on the non-verbal reasoning section besides concepts.
10. Logical and Analytical Reasoning by A.K. Gupta: It contains a lot of practise questions. It individually solves each and every question in the question papers.
Apart from the above-suggested books, aspirants must also refer to the online sources for the current affairs and trending issues. One should also read the monthly magazines for the current affairs. The above books are focused only on the concepts, shortcuts and preparations techniques, one should also consider books related to previous' year question papers and practise papers.