What is Multimedia Course?
Multimedia is the field related to computer controlled integration of texts, (still or moving images) graphics, drawings, audio and animations. The information/content in the multimedia can be represented through digitally (audio, video and animation) in contrast to traditional media.
Multimedia technology applies interactive computer elements such as text, pictures, video, graphics, animation and sound into a single form to deliver the message.
Multimedia presentations may be viewed by person on stage, projected, transmitted, or played locally with a media player. A broadcast may be a live or recorded multimedia presentation.
The various formats of technological or digital multimedia aims at enhancing the users' experience by conveying information easier and faster
The multimedia programme enables students to learn how to use computer programmes and create interactive presentations materials. Students are trained in website development software like Cascading Style Sheet or the Adobe Creative Suite, which includes Photoshop, Flash, Illustrator and Dreamweaver.
Besides this, they will also learn design techniques using multimedia technology.
- Minimum education qualification for a degree and diploma course in animation is plus two or its equivalent from any recognised institution
- Graduates from any stream are also eligible to join the post graduation course
Who can Pursue the Course?
Students who are interested in learning about various types of media entertainment and technology such as television, film studies, journalism, video production, interactive media and computer animation can pursue the programme.
The interdisciplinary programme focuses both on emerging trends, technologies and standard methods of managing media.
Multimedia course is offered at various levels such as Diploma course, Certificate course, Undergraduate course and Post Graduate course. Community colleges offer associate's degrees in multimedia technology, providing introductory education in the field.
Multimedia technology include some of the following programmes: Interactive media; Website design fundamentals; Electronic imaging; Introductory photography; Animation; Multimedia programming; Graphic design; Digital editing
Programmes offered in graduation: Animation;Communication & Emerging Media; Communication & Technology
Degree in multimedia will offer you ocean of job opportunities in web designing, computer games designing, advertising graphics, animation and new media.
- Multimedia professionals are also recruited in schools, publishing houses, films and video conferencing
- Multimedia developers can also work as flash developers, network engineers, publishers, graphic artists, sound experts, animators, authors/content providers, project managers and picture researchers.
- One can work as freelancer
What do Multimedia Specialists Work On?
- Creating digital images for the purpose of animation
- Transferring audio/video files to be edited and manipulated digitally
- Creating artwork to be used in video games
- Creating animated sequences using computer software
- Designing and developing digital animations, imaging, presentations, games, audio and video clips, and Internet applications using multimedia software, tools and utilities, interactive graphics and programming languages
Common Job Areas (Designations):
- Web Designer/Developer
- Multimedia Designer
- Software Developer/Programmer
- IT Support/Helpdesk
- On-line publishing (editorial/design)
- Advertising manager
- Creative director
- Media director
- Marketing or promotions manager
- Product development manager
- Market research manager
- Public relations manager
- Media analyst or strategist
- Multimedia Careers in the Entertainment Industry
Digital Camera Operator
- Sound engineering technician
- Multimedia artist
- Film and video editor
- Dubbing editor
- Sound effects editor
- Audio recording engineer
- Game designer
- Game Programmer
- Game Tester
- Multimedia Fine Arts Careers
- Graphic designer
- Multimedia designer
- Installation artist
Some of the Colleges Offering Multimedia Course in India:
- Manipal University
- Newreel Design and Entertainment Animation Academy
- Nobel Institute of Professional Studies
- Aacharaya Academy
- Astha Institute of Management and Technology
- Animentor Academy
- Arena Animation
- Bhabha Institute of Management Sciences-BIMS
- Bhawant University
- Bhartiyam Institute of Professional Education and Technology
- Birla Institute of TEchnology
- CMJ University
- E-Plus College of Animation and Media
- Good Luck Institute of Education-GLIE
- Guardian School of Design and Management
- Gurudeva Media and Animation College
- Gurukul Digital Arts and Animation Studio
- Institute of Technology And Management