The Guardian which recently held its survey on Top UK Universities has finally released the report. Here, the Universities are measured on nine different criteria.
The nine aspects include course satisfaction, teaching quality, staff-student ratio, the amount of money spent on each student, value-added and the percentage of graduates who have a job within 6 months after the last semester.
The Cambridge University beats other Universities on the first place and London University the Third place.
According to the report released, Away from the traditionally high ranking institutions, Surrey University makes its first appearance in the top 10, whilst Birmingham climbed 15 places to 15th in the UK. Slightly lower down, both Northampton (47th from 86th) and Portsmouth (48th from 78th) enjoyed very impressive jumps up the rankings.
The Top Universities are as shown in the slides below.
- The University of Cambridge is considered one of the best universities not just in the UK, but in the world.
- It is split into 31 colleges spread throughout the beautiful city of Cambridge, and almost a quarter of its students are from abroad.
For more information, visit University of Cambridge
- The University of Oxford is one of the oldest and best universities in the world, regularly coming in the top 5 global university rankings tables.
- Students from all over the world enjoy the excellent teaching, beautiful surroundings and almost unique college system.
For more information, visit University of Oxford
- The London School of Economics and Political Science (or LSE for short) is a truly international university.
- A huge 68% of the university's students are internationals and it has ties with institutions from all over the world.
For more information, visit London School of Economics (LSE)
- St Andrews is Scotland's first university and the third oldest in the English-speaking world, founded in 1413.
- Over six centuries it has established a reputation as one of Europe's leading and most distinctive centres for teaching and research.
- The University is comprised of 18 academic Schools, each headed by a research-active senior member of the academic staff of the School.
For more information, visit University of St.Andrews
- UCL was established in 1826 to open up education in England for the first time to students of any race, class or religion.
- UCL was also the first university to welcome female students on equal terms with men.
- Academic excellence and conducting research that addresses real-world problems inform our ethos to this day.
For more information, visit UCL: London's Global University
- Durham University is distinctive - a Collegiate University with ancient traditions and modern values.
- We seek to achieve the highest distinction in research and scholarship which make a real difference to societies world-wide.
- We are equally committed to excellence in all aspects of learning, education and the transmission of knowledge.
For more information, visit Durham University
- The University of Bath received its Royal Charter in 1966 and is now firmly established as a top ten UK university with a reputation for research and teaching excellence.
- Our campus, overlooking the beautiful UNESCO World Heritage City of Bath, has a vibrant research culture driven by the enthusiasm and invention of our academic community.
- For more information, visit University of BATH
- This University has some of the best new academic, library, sports, arts and accommodation facilities of any university in the UK, as well as one of the most envied Professional Training placement programmes in the world.
- This combination of prestige, expertise, resources and lifestyle is unique, and it's all to be found here in the beautiful countryside of the Surrey Hills just half an hour from central London.
For more information, visit University of Surrey
- Imperial College London is one of the best specialist universities in the world.
- Set in the centre of London, it attracts students from all over the world.
For more information, visit Imperial College London
- The University of Warwick has quickly grown into a large campus university.
- In the rankings tables Warwick is frequently placed in the top five universities in the UK, and places great importance on improving international relations.
For more information, visit University of Warwrick