The Department of School Education, Government of Telangana State, for the first time since the bifurcation of the state from Andhra Pradesh, will be conducting Telangana TET (Teacher Eligibility Test).
The Telangana TET is scheduled to be held on May 1, will be conducted in all 10 districts of the state. Candidates who are interested to be teachers for Classes 1 to 8 in schools can apply.
According the official notification, there are 1069 vacancies to be filled.
Candidates interested to register should fulfill the following requirement: The cut off percentage
is as follows:
- General category: 60 percent or above
- Backward classes: 50 percent or above
- SC/ST/differently-abled: 40 percent or above
How to Apply?
Candidates should visit the official website to apply online
The last date for submit application: March 31
According to NCTE guidelines, TET certificate will be valid for a period of seven years from the date of examination.
- The TET will have two papers, paper 1 and paper 2
- Candidates who intend to be teachers for classes 1 to 5 have to appear for paper 1 and those who intend to be teachers for classes 6 to 8 have to appear for paper 2
- Candidates who are intend to be teachers for all the classes have to appear for both the papers
- The TET is mandatory test for those who wish to serve as a teacher under the government