The Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT University) has announced the exam dates for the VIT Research Entrance Examination for the 2016 sessions. The examination is conducted for admissions into M.Tech in research Master of Philosophy (M.Phil) and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) programmes offered in various specialisations.
Interested candidates can read below detailed application procedure, eligibility criteria, and important date.
For M.Tech by research Programme:
- Candidates must have a bachelor's degree in engineering/Technology or a master's degree in science or computer applications.
- Candidates must have studied Physics and Mathematics at bachelor's level.
- Candidates must have secured a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent.
For Ph.D programmes:
- Candidates should possess a master's degree in engineerign/technology in relevant discipline.
- Candidates should have scored a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent.
For M.Phil programme:
- Candidates should have master's degree in a relevant discipline with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent.
How to apply:
- Candidates can apply online.
- Application fee of Rs. 950 must be paid through online mode.
- Last date to apply for VITREE: May 16, 2016
- Date of VITREE 2016 entrance exam: June 4, 2016 and June 5, 2016