M.Tech programme is offered by the Department of Chemical Engineering, Faculty of Engineering & Technology, Annamalai University.
The main objectives of the M. Tech., (Industrial Safety Engineering) programme are to train and impart knowledge to the students to achieve the following:
- Identification of hazards and to provide safe working environment.
- To provide effective Safety Management Systems.
- Prevent accidents in the industries by eradicating the hazard.
- Eliminate accident caused work stoppage and lost production.
- Achieve lower workmen's compensation, insurance rates and reduce all other direct and indirect costs of accidents.
- Prevent loss of life, permanent disability and the loss of income of worker by eliminating causes of accidents.
- Evaluate employee's morale by promoting safe work place and good working condition.
- Use of softwares for hazard identification & prevention.
- Safety education & training - educate all members of the organisation towards safety consciences.
Candidates must have B.E / B.Tech degree in any branch of Engineering from any recognised university.
How to apply:
- Application form and prospectus can be obtained from the Registrar, Annamalai University, Annamalainagar-608002, from the date scheduled on payment of prescribed fee noted in person or by sending a demand draft drawn in favour of the Registrar, Annamalai University.
- The admission procedure for all programmes are available on the website www.annamalaiuniversity.ac.in.
Last date for issue and submission of filled up application: Aug 18th, 2013.