This course aims at students who are interested in both medicine and engineering. This programme blends traditional engineering techniques with biological sciences to improve the quality of human health and focuses on understanding complex living systems and use of technology & systems to improve diagnosis and treatment. A Biomedical engineer can work in areas such as hospitals, government bodies, industry or academic areas, medical instrumentation and prostheses, medical product development and management and technology management in the hospital system.
Subjects of Biomedical Engineering:
- Digital Electronics
- Medical Physics
- Bioelectric phenomena
- Power Electronics
- Hospital Engineering
- Biosignal Processing
Top recruiting industries:
Biomedical engineers can get a job in the fields like hospitals, manufacturing units of medical equipments, pharmaceuticals, biomedical research organisations. Some of the top recruiters in this field are:
- Larsen & Toubro
- BPL Healthcare
- Wipro GE Medical System
- Electrocare System & Services Pvt. Ltd.
- P.K.Morgan (India) Pvt.Ltd.
- Medtronics- Medico Health Care System
- TransAsia Biomedical Ltd.
- Philips Electronics Ltd.- Medical Division
- Carl Zeiss India Pte. Ltd.
- B.Braun Medical (India) Ltd.
Students who have completed their B.Tech degree in Biomedical Engineering can either opt for job or they can go for further studies. Students can enroll themselves for ME or M.Tech degree in Biomedical Engineering.
A student who has completed a B.Tech in Agriculture Engineering degree can get either of these designations-
- Biomedical Transducers
- Bio Engineering Materials and Devices
- Principles of Biomedical Imaging and Radiology
- Biological Control Systems and Modeling
- Biological digital signal processing
- Bio Electric Signals and Instrumentation
- Advanced Biomedical Imaging Technician