Transportation Design or Automotive Design is the profession involved in the development of the appearance of automobiles by developing the visual appearance and creating the product concept. It also deals with the study of aircraft, spacecraft or marine vessels.
Transportation designer is the one who re-invents the future of the design of automobiles by proposing newer (and more efficient) ideas.
The task of the design team is usually split into three main aspects: exterior design, interior design, and color and trim design.
If you want to know about What is Transportation Design? click here
Here are the list of top 5 Transportation Design courses offering colleges in India.
Industrial Design Centre, IIT Bombay
- Industrial Design Center was set up in 1969 by the Government of India under the auspices of Indian institute of technology Bombay.
- Design shapes objects, environments, communication and many of our interactions.
- Design at IDC is all encompassing, coexists in an active triadic relationship with design education, design research and design practice.
For further information, visit Industrial Design Centre, IIT Bombay
National Institute of Design, Ahmedabad
- The National Institute of Design (NID) is internationally acclaimed as one of the foremost multi-disciplinary institutions in the field of design education and research.
- The Business Week, USA has listed NID as one of the top 25 European & Asian programmes in the world.
For further information, visit National institute of Design, Ahmedabad
Department of Design, IIT Guwahati
- The Department of Design (DoD), one of the thirteen departments at IIT Guwahati.
- It was set up with a vision to enkindle some of the brightest technical minds of the country a passion for innovation in technology.
- The department is driven by a firm understanding, appreciation and celebration of design.
For further information, visit Department of Design, IIT Guwahati
Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
- Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi was established in 1961.
- It contributes to India and the world through excellence in scientific and technical education and research.
- The institute serves as a valuable resource for industry and society; and remain a source of pride for all Indians.
For further information, visit IIT, Delhi
Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur is one of the premier institutions established by the Government of India.
- The aim of the Institute is to provide meaningful education, to conduct original research of the highest standard .
- It also provides leadership in technological innovation for the industrial growth of the country.
For further information, visit IIT, Kanpur