Science discipline is one of the oldest discipline, which deals with the study of how to understand the history of the natural world and how the natural world works with observable physical evidence.
Science discipline can offer career options in the fields of Teaching, Scientist, Nurses, Doctors, Chemists, Bilogists, Engineers, Psychiatrists and many more.
India Today-Nielsen had conducted the survey on the top science colleges across India.
These colleges are ranked on the basis of reputation, quality of academic input, student care, infrastructure, job prospectus, perceptual rank and factual rank.
Here is the list of top 10 science colleges in India 2014:
St. Stephen's College, Delhi
- Founded on 1 February 1881, St. Stephen's is the oldest college in Delhi.
- It was first affiliated to Calcutta University, and later to Punjab University.
- Finally with the establishment of Delhi University in 1922, it became one of its three original constituent colleges.
- Rank in 2013: 1
For further information, visit St. Stephen's College, Delhi
Loyola College, Chennai
- Loyola College, a Catholic Minority Institution, was founded by the Society of Jesus (Jesuits) in 1925.
- It aims at providing University Education in a Christian atmosphere for deserving students, irrespective of caste and creed.
- Rank in 2013: 2
For further information, visit Loyola College, Chennai
St. Xavier's College, Mumbai
- St. Xavier's College, Mumbai was established in 1869.
- The college has began as an autonomous college under the University of Mumbai from the academic year 2010-11.
- Rank in 2013: 5
For further information, visit St. Xavier's College, Mumbai
Christ College, Bangalore
- Christ College, Bangalore was established in 1969.
- Christ College was recognised by the University Grants Commission of India, (UGC) on 17 June 1972.
- It was accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), a UGC-funded body, in 1998 and reaccredited in 2005.
- Rank in 2013: 4
For further information, visit Christ College, Bangalore
Ramjas College, Delhi
- Founded in 1917 by the great educationist and philanthropist, Rai Kedar Nath, Ramjas College is one of the oldest colleges of Delhi.
- Beginning from the humble precincts of Darya Ganj in Old Delhi.
- The College today boasts of a spacious campus, state-of-the-art infrastructure and an esteemed faculty of scholars trained at leading universities in India and abroad.
- Rank in 2013: 9
For further information, visit Ramjas College, Delhi
Madras Christian College, Chennai
- Madras Christian College has entered into the 175th year of glorious service to the Nation.
- Founded as a school in 1837 in the black town of Madras.
- The Institution was built and its character shaped by a host of Scottish missionaries such as Anderson and Miller, Hogg and Boyd.
- Rank in 2013: 10
For further information, visit Madras Christian College, Chennai
Miranda House, Delhi
- Miranda House, residential college for women, is one of the premier Women's Institutions of Delhi University.
- It was founded in 1948 by the then Vice-Chancellor Sir Maurice Gwyer.
- The foundation stone was laid by Lady Edwina Mountbatten on March 7 in the same year.
- Rank in 2013: 3
For further information, visit Miranda House, Delhi
Hansraj College, Delhi
- Hansraj College, Delhi was established in 1948.
- It is one of the largest constituent colleges of the University of Delhi.
- The College has been ranked amongst the Top-10 Science, Arts and Commerce Colleges of India several times in the last decade.
- Rank in 2013: 7
For further information, visit Hansraj College, Delhi
Fergusson College, Pune
- The famous Deccan Education Society.
- It is the parent body of several educational institutions spread over the landscape of Maharashtra founded the Fergusson College in the year 1885.
- Rank in 2013: 6
For further information, visit Fergusson College, Pune
Hindu College, Delhi
- Hindu College was founded more than a century ago in 1899, by Late Shri Krishan Dassji Gurwale.
- Hindu College is recognised as one of the premier academic institutions in the country.
- It stands tall in public esteem and also in the memories of its alumni.
- Many of students from the college are now prominent figures in government, business and industry, the media and education.
- Rank in 2013: 8
For further information, visit Hindu College, Delhi