Every year, the law colleges ranking is conducted by the different magazines, where colleges across world is being ranked on the basis of the overall growth of the institutions, improvement in academics, placement and more.
Outlook magazine in association with research agency MRDA has come out with this year's law schools rankings. Here is the list of the top 10 law colleges of India for the academic year 2012.
NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad
- NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad, an institution of national eminence in the field of legal education and research
- It is a residential University established in 1998
- Rank in 2012: 1
- Rank in 2011: 2
National Law School of India university, Bangalore
- The National Law School of India university came into existence through a Notification under the National Law School of India university Act (Karnataka Act 22 of 1986).
- Rank in 2012: 2
- Rank in 2011: 1
National Law Institute University, Bhopal
- The National Law Institute University has been successful in instilling a sense of broad perspective along with scholastic and reflexive capabilities bearing in mind larger national and humanitarian goals in its students.
- Rank in 2012: 3
- Rank in 2011: 3
The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences
- The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences was established under the WBNUJS Act, 1999 (West Bengal Act IX of 1999) adopted by the West Bengal Legislature in July, 1999.
- Rank in 2012: 4
National Law University, Jodhpur
- The National Law University, Jodhpur is an institution of national prominence established under the National Law University, Jodhpur, Act, 1999 (Act No. 22 of 1999) enacted by the Rajasthan State Legislature.
- Rank in 2012: 5
- Rank in 2011: 4
ILS Law College, Pune
- The Indian Law Society was established in 1923 as a Public Charitable Trust registered under the Societies Registration Act. The Indian Law Society established the Law College in 1924.
- Rank in 2012: 6
- Rank in 2011: 5
Government Law College, Mumbai
- The Government Law College, founded in 1855, is the oldest law school in Asia dating even prior to the University of Mumbai.
- It enjoys a pre-eminent national and international reputation for excellence.
- Rank in 2012: 7
- Rank in 2011: 8
Symbiosis Law School, Pune
- Symbiosis is a Greek term meaning 'Living together for the mutual benefit of each other.
- Symbiosis is an educational and cultural center of international standards. Established in the year 1971.
- Rank in 2012: 8
- Rank in 2011: 6
Amity Law School, Delhi
- The Amity law School has been consistently ranked as one of the top ranking law schools in the country.
- Rank in 2012: 9
- Rank in 2011: 9
Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar
- Gujarat National Law University (GNLU) is the statutory university established by the Govt. of Gujarat National Law University Act, 2003.
- Rank in 2012: 10
- Rank in 2011: 10