Planning to study engineering in the US? No doubt that the USA has some of the best schools for engineering in the world. A degree in engineering from these schools in the US is the best thing that can happen to your academic career. With world class education, and industry ready coaching, these institutions have it all.
So, before you go country hopping to study in the US, it is important for you to know which of the schools in the US will help you build your skills set. You must also keep in mind the tuition fees, location, school size, student enrollments, and test scores. Here is a guide for graduate study in the US.
Education in USA is not easily available, it is expensive. Hence, before you narrow down your search, do think about your budget, so that you can have a stress free study experience. Here is a brief cost work plan for you, which gives you a basic idea about the cost of education in US.
Here, we are providing you with the Top 10 Engineering colleges in the US for the academic session 2017-18. This list is based on an elaborate methodology research done by the US News.
The methodology followed is something like below:
- 215 engineering schools that grant doctoral degrees were surveyed
- Data were collected in fall 2015 and early 2016
- Rankings for the 194 schools that provided the data needed to be ranked were calculated based on a weighted average of the 10 indicators as below:
- Peer assessment score
- Recruiter assessment score
- Mean GRE quantitative scores
- Acceptance rate
- Student-faculty ratio
- Percentage of faculty in the National Academy of Engineering
- Doctoral degrees awarded
- Total research expenditures
- Average research expenditures per faculty member
The list below provides the names of the schools which are linked to their respective websites, the location of the institution, the tuition fees at the particular school for full-time graduation degree in engineering. It also has the number of the 'total graduate engineering enrollment'.
|Rank||School Name||Tuition||Total graduate engineering enrollment|
|#1||Massachusetts Institute of Technology|
Ann Arbor, MI
West Lafayette, IN