Engineering is a popular academic subject which is offered by most of the universities abroad. Studying engineering in some of the best universities in the world can be a lifetime experience and a highly valuable one.
Students who wish to study engineering abroad have plenty of courses and numerous institutions. They can study practically anywhere in the world, some of the most popular destinations are the USA, UK, Japan and other countries.
The onset of your plans of studying abroad usually begins with the selection of the university/college. In this article, we give you a list of the top 10 universities/schools in the world that offer some of the best engineering programmes. These schools are known for their teaching, research, academics and have much more to offer. Read further to know more.
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), USA
- It schools has influenced the world through technological leadership and research innovation.
- It is renowned for its academic programmes, cutting-edge research and diverse student community.
- The school boasts of a longstanding commitment to working with both public and private sectors.
- The school directly contributes innovative ideas and technologies to the society making it a world-leading institution.
To know more, visit: School of Engineering, MIT
Stanford University, USA
- Stanford Engineering has been leading in innovation for nearly a century.
- It is known for creating pivotal technologies that has transformed the fields of IT, communications, health care and more.
- The school continues to find solutions to important global problems to make world a better place.
- They believe in educating engineers with technical excellence, creativity, cultural awareness and entrepreneurial skills.
To know more, visit: Stanford Engineering, Stanford University
University of Cambridge, UK
- Engineering at Cambridge is an integrated department comprised of the best academics, staff and students from around the world.
- The university is known to deliver practical outcomes for the society.
- Engineering here is not split into separate departments, this structural advantage helps them tackle challenges in a better way.
To know more, visit: Department of Engineering, University of Cambridge
University of California, Berkeley (UCB)
- The main reasons why UCB is ranked among the top colleges for engineering is because they offer a dynamic, interdisciplinary, hands-on education.
- They are known to challenge conventional thinking and value creativity.
- The students and faculty at the UC, Berkeley are driven by social commitment to change the world.
To know more, visit: Berkeley Engineering, UCB
University of Michigan, USA
Why University of Michigan ?
- The programmes offered at the Michigan are responsive to the changing needs of society; relevant to the goals of students and the community.
- The Michigan is rich in opportunities for independent and collaborative study.
- The school is known for research and practical applications; reflective of the traditions of excellence, innovation, and leadership.
- The school offers numerous research and study abroad opportunities are offered at both undergraduate and graduate levels.
To know more, visit: Michigan Engineering, University of Michigan
Imperial College London, UK
Why Imperial College London?
- Tutors at the Imperial are not just teachers and researches, some of them are entrepreneurs.
- A degree from Imperial will give students the skills and confidence for a range of careers.
- Students are known to graduate with sound analytical, management and communication skills.
- The courses are designed to build up engineering expertise step by step.
To know more, visit: Faculty of Engineering, Imperial College London
California Institute of Technology (Caltech), USA
- The mission of the Caltech is to expand human knowledge for the benefit of society through research integrated with education.
- They educate outstanding students to become more creative members of the society.
- The are known to investigate the most challenging and fundamental problems for the society through interdisciplinary atmosphere.
To know more, visit: Division of Engineering, Caltech
Harvard University , USA
Why Harvard University?
- The university's intellectual breadth and depth allows students to discover their own path.
- At Harvard, they are devoted to excellence in teaching, learning and research.
- Faculty here are usually engaged with teaching and research to push the boundaries of human knowledge.
To know more, visit: School of Engineering, Harvard University
University of Oxford , UK
- The tutors at Oxford are often world-leading experts in their field.
- Oxford meets the needs of students, teachers and the international research community with an extremely rich and diverse range of library resources.
- Oxford is one of Europe's most innovative and entrepreneurial universities.
To know more, visit: Department of Engineering Science, University of Oxford
National University of Singapore (NUS), Singapore
- The mission at NUS is to nurture leaders in the field of engineering with a global perspective and to lead in technology through high-impact.
- They have contributed to substantially rapid industrial and economic growth of the nation.
To know more, visit: Faculty of Engineering, NUS