Commerce education in India began in 1886.
Commerce is a discipline which deals with study of buying and selling of goods, provision of services, productions and property, and much more.
Students can pursue subjects like Accountancy, Economics, Business Studies, Finance and many more in commerce discipline.
India Today-Nielsen had conducted their own survey on the top science colleges across India.
These colleges are ranked on the basis of reputation, quality of academic input, student care, infrastructure, job prospectus, perceptual rank and factual rank.
Here is the list of top 10 commerce colleges in India 2014:
Shri Ram College of Commerce, Delhi
- Shri Ram College of Commerce, Delhi was established in 1932.
- SRCC shifted to its new building in the sprawling Delhi University Campus in 1954.
- The new building was inaugurated by Dr. S. Radhakrishnan, Hon'ble Vice President of India, on January 31, 1954.
- Rank in 2013:1
For further information, visit Shri Ram College of Commerce, Delhi
Lady Shri Ram College, Delhi
- Lady Shri Ram College for Women, has long been recognized as a premier institution of higher learning for women in India.
- This college was established in 1956.
- Rank in 2013: 4
For further information, visit Lady Shri Ram College, Delhi
Loyola College, Chennai
- Loyola College, a Catholic Minority Institution, was founded by the Society of Jesus (Jesuits) in 1925'
- The primary objective of the college is to provide University Education in a Christian atmosphere for deserving students, irrespective of caste and creed.
- Rank in 2013: 2
For further information, visit Loyola College, Chennai
Christ College, Bangalore
- Christ College, Bangalore was established in 1969.
- Christ College was recognised by the University Grants Commission of India, (UGC) on 17 June 1972.
- It was accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), a UGC-funded body, in 1998 and reaccredited in 2005.
- Rank in 2013: 5
St. Xavier's College, Mumbai
- St. Xavier's College, Mumbai was established in 1869.
- The college has began as an autonomous college under the University of Mumbai from the academic year 2010-11.
- Rank in 2013: 6
Narsee Monjee College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai
- Narsee Monjee College of Commerce & Economics is a leading college affiliated to Mumbai University.
- It was established in 1964 by Shri Vile Parle Kelavani Mandal (SVKM), a professionally managed trust with a large number of prestigious academic institutions.
- The institution has around 6200 students are enrolled in various courses and programmes offered by the college.
- Rank in 2013: 9
Symbiosis Society's College of Arts and Commerce, Pune
- The Symbiosis College of Arts & Commerce was born in 1983.
- Excellence in academic, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities, a trail blazing diploma programme in Liberal Arts, accredited ‘A' grade by NAAC.
- Rank in 2013: 15
St. Joseph's College of Commerce, Bangalore
- St. Joseph's College, Bangalore was established in 1882.
- In 1949, the Department of Commerce was established in the College in a separate block on Langford Road.
- It is one of the oldest college in the state of Karnataka.
- Rank in 2013: Back on the list
Hansraj College, Delhi
- Hansraj College, Delhi was established in 1948.
- It is one of the largest constituent colleges of the University of Delhi.
- The College has been ranked amongst the Top-10 Science, Arts and Commerce Colleges of India several times in the last decade.
- Rank in 2013: 17
Madras Christian College, Chennai
- Madras Christian College, Chennai
Madras Christian College has entered into the 175th year of glorious service to the Nation.
For further information, visit Madras Christian College, Chennai