Students safety is an important aspect as the society has a responsibility to guide and safeguard the younger ones at a time that we are pushing them to work hard to get a rewarding career.
In this regard, the Karnataka government has also been contributing in road safety after reports were generated about the various cause for road accidents. The Bangalore Traffic Police has directed the schools and colleges to not facilitate parking lot for two-wheeler and four-wheelers for students driving their own vehicles without the license.
Also Read: A Guide to Homeschooling Your Children
What does the Education Department notice read?
"The principal secretary shall clearly instruct the educational institutions not to encourage driving of two-wheelers and four-wheelers by students without valid licence. If there is any disobedience from any students, to rusticate them from the institution for violation or such restriction imposed by the education department."
Here are a few tips to ensure road safety for students:
- Educate your wards to avoid footboard travel. Sensitise them that being cool is not putting safety at stake.
- Do not let them travel in motor vehicles without a license
- Be their example by crossing only on zebra-crossing and adhering to traffic signals while travelling with them. They would spontaneously pick up the good habit.
- Hone their observation skills by making them look at both sides of the road while crossing each time they accompany you.
- Encourage them to take the assistance of traffic police or elders while crossing the road in your absence.
- Teach them about the functions of horn and head-light so that they are alert to sound and sight.