Any language is necessary to survive in the competitive world and plays a humongous role in any individual life. Language is a medium of communication. Did you know that the world has around 6909 languages? Foreign language is necessary and learning other language is good for your degree, good for your career, good to learn about the culture and to travel overseas.
Learning a new language is a rewarding experience. Language helps to build foundations for thinking, language, attitudes, visions and other characteristics are laid down.
According to research, some of the most crucial benefits of being bilingual are that a child's focus, memory, planning, and multitasking skills are better than if they are monolingual.
The smooth way for someone to become bilingual is to start at a very young age because their brain absorbs the sounds and rules of a new language naturally just like their native tongue. The older you get, the harder it is to learn a language because you have to study grammar rules and work around your already developed first language. Well, that's not an easy task.
Here are some language learning tips:
- Once you decide to learn a new language you have to be fully committed to it.
- Embrace mistakes while learning the language.
- Use smart vocabulary practice.
- Write down everything you hear when studying a foreign language.
- Let technology help you while learning a new language.
- Find a native partner.
- Talk constantly.
- Watch movies and TV shows with subtitles.
- Set certain goals, decide on how many hours you want to study, how many words you want to learn. These are good ways of making sure you do some extra study.
- Have patience, learning language can not happen overnight, do not expect instant results or give up too soon.