Formula is the primary trickster during the examination. You might have sat down the whole day memorising which formula needs to be applied for which concept and yet in the middle of an examination, you might either forget it completely or parts of it or you might plainly mix up different formulae together and would be cursing the examination paper setter.
This normally happens when there are two similar-looking formulae which may cause unnecessary confusion.
How to overcome this issue?
- Practice writing the formulae, each under a specific title. Organise the topic and the formula such that they both come into your view when you are looking at it. This is how photographic memory comes to your aid.
- Jot them down on sticky paper and read them every now and then.
- Learn it in a different manner. Relate each element in the formula with something you like so that it will remain at the tip of your tongue when you need to remember it.
- Play with them. Ask a friend to quiz you about it.
- Associate each formula with a colour, an object, a person or a place etc.
- If you like singing, make a song out of it, if you like to draw, draw them, if you like to play any kind of a game, associate it with a particular move which the game involves.
- Teach yourself.
- If two or more similar formulae confuse you, identify the difference, make a list of differences and set aside each formula with its respective topic so that this registers in your mind as different elements.
When you are stuck in the middle of the exam wondering what that formula was, breath in long and slow, relax and recollect. If one technique does not help you, the other one will certainly get back the necessary hidden data out of your mind to help you answer the question right.
This is what we had to say, if you have more strategies to share, please share them here: https://www.facebook.com/careerindia.com