The first five years of a child's life are really important. During this phase, children change and grow over the course of childhood.
Development is used to describe the shifts- They are the foundations for physical growth, as well as their ability to learn the social, emotional, behavior, thinking and communication skills. All of these areas are interlinked, and each depends on and influences the others throughout life and are laid down.
The brain development is faster and child experiences to focus on the vision, explores to hearing, touches smells and tastes which stimulate in its brain creating millions of connections.
Why is it important to study how children grow, learn and change?
- More than anything else, has a parent your relationship with your child shapes the way your child learns and develops.
- Children reach milestones in how they play, learn, speak, behave, and move (like crawling, walking, or jumping)
- Spending quality time with your child- your child's main way of learning and developing is through play.
- Children learn more quickly during their early years than at any other time in life has they need loving attention and nurturing to develop a sense of trust and security that turns into confidence as they grow.
- Understanding the stages of child development helps parents know what to look for and how to support the child development
- During the course of childhood, requires looking at many different factors that influence physical and psychological growth- From home to school has this is a transition period for the child.
- The rate of growth and development is different for every child.
- Relationships are the foundation for child healthy and positive development- As a parent, you are always learning and always more to explore being parents.