Celebration and study are like oxymorons, they come together in a repelling manner. Next week is diwali that comes with long holidays for students. With it, also comes the challenge of having to study for an important exam that is scheduled for the next working day.
Schools and colleges have already charted out cycle, mid-term and semester exams for Monday (Oct 31). What is more irritating than missing out on fun during festive holidays and slogging to study? So what are you waiting for? Forget your worry and follow these tips to enjoy your holiday and yet confidently face exam:
1. Stop worrying. The irky feeling makes you lose out on both enjoyment as well as academics. Accept the challenge and think how you want to handle it.
2. Prioritise your need. You should either have fun or have a great score. If you keep cribbing while celebrating, you are going to lose out on your moment as well as not dedicate your time for studying. So take one at a time. It is okay to lose out on celebrating and be a geek or have a blast during celebration and score less. Decide your requirement and have no regrets.
3. When it is a long leave, say four continuous days, divide your schedule accordingly. Have two days to study and two days to chill out, or think on how much time you need to study and how many hours you need to allocate for it.
If you need long hours of study, probably, have the first half of the day for studying and reward yourself by bursting crackers in the second half of the day. And on diwali, keep it strictly for celebration. Finish a larger portion of your syllabus the previous days and keep minimal for Sunday, the day after diwali.
4. Get as much help from others. Most parents will be more than happy to help their children with academics when they need them. So if you have educated parents at home, ask them to keep you company and teach you some parts of the subject that they could.
After all, good company is a great advantage. If not your own parents, seek from other elders or friends to get together and do some serious studying with you. Choose them wisely, because you may later repent if they are not the group studying or teaching types.
5. When it is study time, focus whole heartedly and keep away from gadgets. Gadgets not only eat your time but also make you tired quick. TV and mobile phones strain your eyes and make you sleepy quick. The more attention span you give on books, the better result you will get. This way, you will be quick to cover your portions and you can stay fast and consistent.
At the end of the day great scores and great celebrations are not going to decide your fate. Take life as it comes. Know what you want and take control of your destiny. Life is not about do or die. It is about do and live. Stay happy and become accomplished.