Australia is one of the best places for higher education. The country hosts some of the best universities in the world in some of the best students cities. The cities in Australia are excellent places for students to live in. Theses cities offers top-notch education and high living standards.
Australia is one of the most sought after higher education destinations, which attracts more than 3Lakh international students each year.
Also read: Top Courses To Study In Australia
Students from countries like China, India, Korea, Vietnam and Malaysia comprise most of the international student population adding to the diversity in the life of Australia.
Cities in Australia are mostly similar, but each one has its own qualities. For those aspire to study in Australia, knowing about the cities here is a very important aspect. As this useful information can help you choose a city and make the most of what the country has to offer during your stay.
The following are the most popular and populous students cities in Australia. These cities are ranked based on 3 categories which are livability, living costs, and the universities.
- Melbourne is Australia's best and the biggest student city.
- More than 1/3rd of the 2,50,000 students in Melbourne are international students.
- It offers wide range of educational options as the city hosts 8 universities.
- Melbourne offers cultural entertainment along with good public transport and hence is the most livable city.
Also read: Top 10 Engineering Schools in Australia
- Adelaide is an attractive for students, with 27% of them are international students.
- The city hosts 4 universities which offer quality education.
- Living costs in Adelaide is relatively lower due to low accommodation costs.
- Perth is an amazing place for students to live in, though is a little pricey.
- The student population in Perth is similar to that of Melbourne, where international students represent 1/3 rd of the university students.
- Cost of living in Perth is high and is just next to Sydney in terms of cost owing to its strong economy and job market.
- The population of international students in Brisbane is about 22%.
- The city offers 3 universities with above average quality of education.
- Brisbane is second cheapest city to live after Adelaide.
- Sydney is home to only about 50,000 international students, 5% of its residents are university students.
- The city is home to 5 universities with average educational quality similar to other cities Australia.
- Living costs in Sydney is very high which is its major draw back, making it the most expensive city in Australia.
- Wollongong, though a small city is one of Australia's best.
- The University of Wollongong is the 2nd best university is Australia.
- Cost of living in Wollongong is average for Australian cities.
- Canberra is the capital of Australia and is a small city for students.
- The city has 2 universities which are among top ranked Australian universities.
- Though it is a great place for university students, the cost of living is expensive.
- Hobart is a good, comfortable city with low accommodation costs.
- It is best suited for students looking for cheaper city.
- It is home to a single university and is a typical Australian university.
The Gold Coast
- The Gold Coast is a dream city for students, if you find a good course.
- It is most popular tourist destination and is becoming one of the most popular study destination.
- The city is home to some of the best universities like the Griffith University and Bond University.