The Vinod & Saryu Doshi Foundation has extended its support towards education by setting up a rigorous and challenging Post Graduate Fellowships in Liberal Arts & Sciences.
The Fellowships aim to support students of Indian nationality who have received acceptance at a University abroad to pursue post-graduation in the field of Liberal Arts (Masters, Postgraduate Diploma/ Certificate or Doctorate).
The Fellowships are applicable to the fields of Humanities, Social Sciences, Natural Sciences, and Mathematics.
The main aim of the fellowship program is to enhance the higher education by giving an opportunity to academically bright students who have the drive to succeed but are unable to do so due to their financial challenges.
This is a need-based merit Fellowship and abides by the Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy.
Who can apply for the fellowship?
- Should be an Indian citizen.
- They must have a first class degree or equivalent from a recognized Indian university.
- They must have secured admission in a foreign university of repute, on their own merit for a course commencing from August or September or October 2017.
- Candidates studying in the final year of the degree or equivalent may also apply, provided they are able to submit their final year certificates before May 7, 2017.
What is the maximum amount for the fellowship?
The maximum amount for the Fellowship will be up to Rs 3 lakhs per fellow, which will be payable as a onetime amount.
Dates to remember:
- May 7, 2017: Deadline to receive completed applications.
- June 10, 2017: The interview date will be intimated to the shortlisted candidates.
- June 19, 2017 onwards: The final interview of the candidates will take place, post the final year results.
- End of July / beginning of August: Final selection announced.
- August 2017: Awards are presented annually. The winners will be invited to this event. Cheques will be presented at this time subject to the student having received a valid student visa from the country in question.
- A personal interview will be conducted once the applicant will be selected.
How to apply for the fellowship?
It is applied through online mode.
The interested applicants are invited to apply here, by visiting the official website: