Vidyadhan Scholarship Program from Sarojini Damodaran Foundation (SDF) supports the college education of meritorious students from economically challenged families. The students are selected after completion of 10th grade or SSLC through a rigorous selection process.
Currently, Vidyadhan program has around 1500 students across the following states: Kerala, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana.
Those selected will be eligible for a two-year scholarship from the Foundation. If they continue to do well, they will be given scholarship for pursuing any degree course of their interest; these scholarships are directly through the foundation or external sponsors who have registered with the Foundation.
The scholarship amount for graduation courses varies from Rs 10,000 to Rs 60,000 per year depending on the course and duration. The selected students will be required to attend the mentoring programs from the Foundation.
- The scholarship amount for 11th and 12th grade will be a maximum of Rs. 6000/ year.
Who Can Apply?
- Students whose family annual income is less than Rs. 2 Lakhs and who have completed their 10th grade/ SSLC exam in the year 2016 from Karnataka.
- They should also have scored 90% or obtained 9CGPA in their 10th Grade/ SSLC examination. The cutoff mark for students with a disability is 75%.
How is the Selection process done?
- SDF will shortlist the applicants based on the academic performance and the information provided in the application form.
- The shortlisted candidates will be invited for a short test/ interview. Exact locations for the test and interview will be informed to the shortlisted students individually.
- SDF will reimburse the out of district travel expense of the student and a parent for eligible cases.
Important Dates to remember:
- 10 June 2017: Application last date
- 20 June to 16 July 2017: Interview/ Tests will be scheduled during this time frame.
- Exact date and location will be intimated to each of the shortlisted candidates.
How to apply?
- Interested candidates can apply on the official website.
Scanned copies of the following are required
a. 10th Marksheet (If original mark sheet is not available, you can upload provisional /online mark sheet from the SSLC/ CBSE/ ICSC website)
b. Income Certificate (from a competent authority; ration card not accepted; this is mandatory at the time of interview only)
d. Disability Certificate (for those applying in disability category)