University of Twente, Netherlands is offering scholarships jointly for students from Non-EU/EAA countries which include India. The University Twente Scholarships (UTS) are for excellent students who are applying for Master's programes in the University of Twente.
About University of Twente
University of Twente is a public research university located in Enschede, Netherlands. It offers degrees in the fields of both social sciences and engineering. The University is committed to making economic and social contributions to the region of the Netherlands where it is based.
Why should you apply for University of Twente Scholarships (UTS)?
- Once you apply and get in through the scholarship, you will be able to become part of the university as a promisiing student.
- You will be given opportunities, like to take part in one of the theree honours programes - Change Leaders, Design Honours or Research Honours.
The Value of the Scholarships
- The UTS scholarship will be providing € 3,000 - € 25,000 for on year. This amount is applicable for 50 scholarships that is included.
- If the student is applying for a two year programe, an additional UTS which will be equal to the amount for the first year will be provided for the second year.
- For the students to receive the amount for second year, the students will have to meet the process requirements for UTS.
- The scholarship is focused as a compensation for study related costs. Tuition fees would not be provided on the students' behalf.
Programes for the Scholarships
Masters programes are applicable for the scholarships. Here is the list of programes that you can choose from:
- Applied Mathematics
- Applied Physics
- Biomedical Engineering
- Business Administration
- Business Information Technology
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering and Management
- Communication Studies
- Computer Science
- Construction Management and Engineering
- Educational Science and Technology
- Electrical Engineering
- Embedded Systems
- European Studies
- Health Sciences
- Human Media Interaction
- Industrial Design Engineering
- Industrial Engineering and Management
- Internet Science & Technology
- Environmental and Energy Management
- Mechanical Engineering
- Methodology and Statistics for the Behavioural, Biomedical and Social Sciences
- Philosophy of Science, Technology and Society
- Public Administration
- Science Education and Communication
- Sustainable Energy Technology
- Systems and Control
University of Twente Scholarships for second year
- Like mentioned above, the students can continue the scholarship for the second year but they have to meet the process requirements. The students must have:
- An average grade of 7 out of 10, at the conclusion of the third quartile of the first year.
- 50 percent European Credits, at the minimum by the end of the third quartile of the first year.
Eligibility for University of Twente Scholarships
- The programe that the students are applying for must start in the academic year of 2018-19.
- The student must be provisionally admitted to a qualifying University of Twente Graduate programes.
- The student must not have graduated from the University of Twente in any programes.
- The students must follow the proper procedures to avail an entry visa in the Netherlands
- The students must have passed the general English language test requirements of IELTS- 6.5/TOEFL iBT - 90 and an additional of IELTS -6.0/TOEFL iBT- 20 in speaking skills, as subscore.
- The students must not be eligible for any Dutch study grant.
- The students must be in the top 5 to 10 per cent of their last course.
Important Dates for University of Twente Scholarships
- The round 1 of the application will start on October 1, 2017.
- The last date for the Round 1 application is February 1, 2017.
- The round 2 of the application process will begin by February 1, 2017.
- The last date for Round 2 applications is May 1, 2017.
Clcik here to go to the official page for the UTS scholarship
Visit to the official website of University of Twente for more information - www.utwente.nl