The University of Manitoba is offering Hawirko Roma Zenovea Graduate Scholarship for a study abroad opportunity for students to study in Canada. The subjects that the scholarship is available for are degree programmes in Agriculture Natural, Physical or Life Sciences for the academic year 2017-2018.
This scholarship will cover approximately $8,000.
The candidates who would like to apply for the scholarship to study in Canada must fulfil the following criteria:
- As at Fall 2017 the candidate should be enrolled full-time in the Faculty of Graduate studies in the first or second year of any PhD program delivered by a department in the Faculty of Science or the Faculty of Agricultural and Food Sciences.
- Candidate should have achieved a minimum degree grade point average of 3.5 (or equivalent) based on the last 60 credit hours of study (or equivalent);
- The candidate should be conducting a clearly defined and innovative research project in the area of microbiology
- Candidate should have demonstrated both commitments to his or her field of study and career potential
- Applicants must have achieved a minimum degree grade point average of 3.5 (or equivalent) based on the last 60 credit hours of study (or equivalent).
- Good fluency in written English is a must.
Who can apply?
Applicants from around the world are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
How to apply for graduate scholarships?
Submit the following to the Awards Assistant, Faculty of Graduate Studies, and 500 University Centre:
- A description of the research proposal (1,500-word count plus one page for citations)
- Three reference letters, one of which will be from the advisor. The reference letters must describe the student's work experience and involvement with graduate seminars and presentations. Each letter must be submitted in a sealed and endorsed envelope.
- Alternatively, letters of reference can be emailed directly from the referee to Laura McMillan, Awards Assistant, at mcmillan-at-umanitoba.ca.Letters of reference sent via email must be sent as PDF attachments - letters written in the body of an email will not be accepted.
The last date for applying is May 19, 2017.
About the University if Manitoba
The University of Manitoba (U of M, UMN, or UMB) is a public university in the province of Manitoba, Canada. The university maintains a reputation as a top research-intensive post-secondary educational institution and conducts more research annually than any other university in the region.