SAARC Agriculture Centre (SAC) is inviting applications from budding candidates from developing countries who have an interest in studying Ph.D. in this particular area.
The Scholarship is available to pursue their Ph.D. degree programs in reputed agricultural universities in SAARC Region.
What does SAARC promote for the Ph.D. programs?
- SAARC promotes new and unique technique systems in agriculture which include production, post- harvest and food processing.
- SAARC provides agricultural research and development to enhance the performances of scientists, technologists, etc.
What is the course level of the scholarship?
The scholarship is available for pursuing Ph.D. program.
What is the study subject?
The study subject is agriculture and the scholarship is awarded in agriculture.
The scholarship and related grant:
1. Economy class airfare from home country and return at the end of Ph.D. study
2. Tuition fee
3. Living allowances at the rate US$ 600 per month
4. A one-time grant of US$ 1000 to cover up expenditure for books, study materials, computer, and thesis production.
5. A grant of US$ 1000 per year to cover up research costs with the recommendation of Ph.D. supervisor.
- Applicant must be a citizen of an SAARC Member State (Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka) and must be a regular employee of the National Agricultural Research and Extension System (NARES) of the respective Member States.
- Applicants must be the age of 40 years or below on the date of the application deadline.
- Applicant should have a relevant postgraduate qualification (MSc/ MS/ MPhil) in agriculture or allied sciences with excellent academic records and good command of spoken and written English.
- Candidates having publications on climate change and conservation agriculture would get preference.
- Applicant must be available full time for Ph.D. study from 2017 for 3 years.
How to apply?
- Applications are invited from potential candidates who have an interest in the Ph.D. study on this particular area.
- Candidates should submit application along with Ph.D. synopsis and support documents (certified copies of postgraduate and basic degree certificates, current CV, list of publications) to Director, SAC through the relevant ministries and SAARC Division under the Ministry of Foreign Affairs / External Affairs of the home country with endorsements on or before 30th April 2017.
- A scanned copy of the set of application may be sent directly to Director, SAC via email as an advance copy.
Ph.D. synopsis / Brief Ph.D. proposal:
- Applicants are requested to submit a synopsis or brief proposal of maximum 8 pages for Ph.D. research under the given thematic area adhering to the format given here.
- The synopsis will be reviewed to determine whether the proposed research is in accordance with given thematic area and the quality of research for awarding the Ph.D. degree.
- The outputs must lead to advance the existing knowledge in the field of investigation and to fill up the gap in the knowledge.
- Circular for calling applications and Application Performa are available on the official website.
Where can the scholarship be taken?
Scholarship can be taken in Bangladesh.
Important date to remember:
The application deadline is April 30, 2017.