The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) invites application as per prescribed format from full-time faculty members, teaching economics or finance in any University Grants Commission (UGC) or All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) recognized Universities or colleges in India to undertake short-term research in the areas of monetary and financial economics, banking, real sector issues and other areas of interest to the Reserve Bank.
What are the objectives of the scholarship?
- To increase awareness about the activities of the Reserve Bank among faculty members and student community, and
- To provide exposure to faculty members teaching economics or finance in different areas/activities in the Reserve Bank.
A number of scholarships:
A maximum of five.
The eligibility criteria for the scheme are as follows:
- Full-time faculty teaching economics and or finance in any UGC-recognized Universities or Colleges in India.
- Indian nationals.
- Age below 55 years.
The exact theme of the research for the scholars will be decided by RBI based on the research proposals submitted by the respective candidates.
How is the selection Procedure done?
- To apply, download the application form.
- The candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of the (a) research proposal of not more than 1000 words, (b) curriculum vitae and (c) interview by a selection panel.
Duration of Project:
Three months, commencing August 1, 2017.
Submission of Application:
- The application in hard copy may be forwarded to 'The Director, Development Research Group, Department of Economic and Policy Research, 7th Floor, Central Office Building, Reserve Bank of India, Fort, Mumbai - 400 001'. The application should be sent along with detailed curriculum vitae and the research proposal.
- The soft version of an application (in addition to hard copy) and/or any queries related to the scheme may be sent to email.
Important date to remember:
Last date for application: May 31, 2017.
For more details, visit the official website.