Welfare and Rehabilitation Board, Central Police Forces with the support of National Defense Fund introduces the Prime Minister's Scholarship Scheme (PMSS) 2017 for the dependent widows and wards of Central Armed Police Forces and Assam Rifles Personnel.
Objectives of the PMSS:
- The objective of this scholarship scheme is to motivate them towards professional and technical education.
Eligibility criteria for PMSS:
- Be ward or widow of deceased CAPFs and AR personnel who died in Harness/election,
- Be ward of personnel disabled due to causes attributable to Government service,
- Be ward of ex-CAPFs and AR personnel in receipt of Gallantry Awards,
- Be ward or widow of serving and retired CAPFs and AR personnel.
- The personnel should be below officer rank.
- Be studying first professional degree programme in the field of Medicine, Dental, Veterinary, Engineering, BCA, BBA, B.Sc (Agriculture, Nursing, etc.), B.Pharma, etc.
- Must have secured 60 percent or more marks in Minimum Entry Qualification (MEQ), i.e., 10+2/Graduation/ Diploma.
How to apply for PMSS?
- Click here to register.
- Fill in all the details.
- Click on Submit. Note- An application id and password will be generated on the computer screen and an OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number.
- Enter OTP number and confirm.
- Note: Change the password at the time of the first login for security purposes.
- Fill in all the details and upload the documents (if needed).
- Click on 'Final Submit' to submit the application form.
For more information about the detailed scholarship, click here
Documents required for PMSS:
For the fresh applicant:
- Service certificate to be issued by the HOD in case.
- Attested and scanned copy of the mark sheet of MEQ(XII/Graduation or equivalent). (If applicable)
- Disability certificate. (If applicable)
- PPO or Discharge Certificate or Book. (If applicable)
- Death Certificate. (If applicable)
- Certificate of gallantry award. (If applicable)
Award details for PMSS:
- The female candidate will get INR 2250 per month as scholarship amount.
- The male candidate will get INR 2000 per month as scholarship amount.
PMSS- Important dates:
- Deadline: December 15, 2017