The University Grants Commission (UGC) has invited applications from university rank holders for Post-Graduate Merit Scholarship. This scholarship is candidates who want to pursue post-graduation and are university rank holders at the undergraduate level.
This scholarship scheme is introduced to attract bright students to pursue higher education like post graduation studies besides strengthening the basic subjects at undergraduate level.
Details of the Post-Graduate Merit Scholarship Scheme:
- The scholarship is awarded for a tenure of 2 years enabling the rank holders of each university at undergraduate level to pursue their master's degree
- Candidates who are awarded with scholarship can can pursue their postgraduate programme in any area of specialisation in any institution of higher learning in the country.
- Candidates will be provided with a scholarship of Rs 2,000 per month for a period of 2 years
- The second year grant will be released after receiving utilisation certificate and statement of expenditure along with the progress report of the first year.
The UG courses that are identified under this scholarship are:
- Life Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Chemical Sciences
- Earth Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Social Sciences
Who is eligible for this scholarship?
- Candidates must be first and second rank holders at undergraduate level
- Candidate must be admitted into any postgraduate programme.
- The scholarship would, however, be subjected to securing a minimum of 60 per cent marks at undergraduate level.
NOTE: The scholarship is applicable to such students who have taken admission in regular, with a full-time Master's degree course in any recognised university, deemed university, private university, autonomous college or a post graduate college.
How to apply:
- Candidates who are interested and eligible for this scholarship can apply online.
- Steps to apply online:
- Log on to the official website of UGC, for which the link is www.ugc.ac.in
- Click on the tab 'scholarships & fellowships
- Candidates will be redirected to a page with a list of scholarships by UGC
- Select the suitable link
- Follow the guidelines specified and apply
Last to apply online: September 15, 2016