The National Board for Higher Mathematics (NBHM) offers MA/MSc scholarships for Indian applicants. These scholarships are available in the field of mathematics.Candidates can apply for this scholarship on or before July 28, 2017.
- Candidates belonging to one of the following categories can apply.
- Students holding a first class B.A./B.Sc. degree in mathematics or students holding a B.A.(Hons.)/B.Sc.(Hons.) degree in mathematics with at least a second class.
- Students in the final year of the B.A./B.Sc. program expecting to complete the course by July 2017 with a first class (or, in the case of an honors program, at least a second class).
- Students with a good academic record who have already completed, or expect to complete by July 2017, one year of a recognized M.Sc. program in mathematics.
- Students who have completed, or expect to complete by July 2017, three or four years of a five-year integrated M.Sc. program in mathematics with cumulative marks/grade equivalent to a first class.
About the NBHM Scholarship:
- Successful candidates will receive a scholarship of Rs. 6,000/- (Rupees Six Thousand Only) per month, during the two year period of the post-graduate program.
- The scholarships are sanctioned for one year at a time and are renewable at the end of the year, subject to satisfactory progress. Students selected for the award of the scholarship when in the final year of the M.A./M.Sc. or five-year integrated M.Sc. program will receive their scholarship for only one year.
- To avail of the scholarship, students have to be enrolled in a recognized postgraduate program in mathematics in India.
How is the Selection Procedure done?
- Selection will be made on the basis of a written test followed by an interview of short-listed candidates.
- The written test will be held on Saturday, September 23, 2017.
- The test will be of two and a half hours' duration and involve questions requiring short answers, primarily in the areas of analysis and algebra, but also in other areas of mathematics covered in undergraduate mathematics programs.
- The written test will be conducted at the following centers: Zone 1: Chandigarh, New Delhi, Srinagar. Zone 2: Allahabad, Indore, Jabalpur, Raipur. Zone 3: Goa, Mumbai, Pune, Vallabh Vidyanagar. Zone 4: Bhubaneswar, Guwahati, Kolkata, Ranchi, Shillong. Zone 5: Bangalore, Chennai, Cochin, Hyderabad.
How to Apply?
- Applications on plain paper should be made in the format given at the end of this advertisement. They should be sent, along with a recent passport sized photograph of the applicant affixed to it and a self-addressed envelope, to the Zonal Coordinator of the zone in which the candidate wishes to appear for the written test.
- The envelope containing the application should be super-scribed NBHM MA/MSc Scholarships. Each candidate should clearly indicate two centers from the zone in which (s)he wishes to appear for the test, in order of preference.
- For more information, click here
- July 28, 2017: Last date for receiving applications.
- August 28, 2017: Applicant should contact zonal coordinator if hall ticket is not received by this date.
- September 8, 2017: Applicant should contact centre-in-charge suggested by zonal coordinator if hall ticket is not received by this date.
- September 23, 2017: Date of written test.