Department of Higher Education, MHRD, Government of India is calling out for applications from students to apply for its scholarship program, "the Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship." This is for college and university students 2017-18.
The main objective of the scholarship is to provide financial assistance to the meritorious students, by providing them with their day-to-day expenses while pursuing higher studies.
INR 10000 to INR 20000 per annum
The recipient of the scholarship should be:
- Be pursuing a regular engineering or medical course.
- Be above 80th percentile of successful candidates in a relevant stream in class 12 for a particular Examination Board.
- Have annual family income not more than INR 6 Lacs per annum from all sources.
- Not be receiving any other scholarship.
How to apply for the central government scholarship?
In order to apply for the government of India scholarship, candidates must follow the steps given below:
- Log on to the National Scholarship Portal
- Go to the form that reads 'Login for fresh application'
- Click on the link that reads, 'New User?Register here'
- A new application form will appear. Enter the requisite details
- Click to submit
- Complete the registration process
The last date to apply for the scholarship is 31 October 2017