Madras Institute of Development Studies (MIDS), Chennai has invited applications for Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR) Fellowship 2015 for students pursuing Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) program in Social Sciences.
Details of ICSSR Fellowship 2015:
- Duration of the fellowship is two years and extendable by one year. This extension is applicable to unemployed scholars subject to satisfactory performance.
- As approved by ICSSR (Students) the value of the fellowship amount for the first two years will be of Rs. 16,000/- per month with a contingency of Rs. 15,000/- per year.
- Candidate should have completed post graduation with, at least, 55% marks in (Economics, Sociology, History, Political Science, Anthropology and Development Studies).
- Candidate should have cleared National Eligibility Test (NET) or obtained M. Phil. or have published two research articles in reputed journals in social sciences (please attach reprints).
- Scholars are eligible to register only after Ph.D. Foundation Course. In case of the nonclearance of Foundation Course/non-registration, his/her fellowship may be withheld /discontinued.
- The employed applicants have to take consent from their employer at the time of submitting their application form for the award of the fellowship.
- Candidates who got JRF from UGC can also apply. They have to apply for fellowship to UGC to get the fellowship through MIDS.
Note: The upper age limit for a doctoral fellow is below 35 years as on 1st October 2015 (relaxable by 5 years in case of SC/ST). For teachers and professional staff of research institutes holding regular posts, the upper age limit would be 45 years.
How to apply:
Candidates can apply online.
Last date for application: October 1, 2015