IIT Madras invites applications for for Research Scholarships 2016 for students pursuing their regular, direct, interdisciplinary, external/part-time Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) and Master of Science (M.S) programmes offered for the January-May and July-November sessions 2016.
IIT Madras Research Scholarships 2016 Details:
|For Ph.D Programme||B.E/B.Tech/M.Sc. graduates or equivalent|
qualification with valid GATE/NET
First 2 years
Upto 3 years
Upto 2 years
- For Ph.D in Science programmes: Candidates should have a master's degree in Sciences along with a valid GATE score or UGC/CSIR NET/NBHM or equivalent qualification tenable for the current year in the relevant area.
- For Ph.D in Humanities and Social Sciences Programme: Candidates should have master's degree in an eligible discipline with a valid GATE score or UGC/CSIR NET/NBHM or equivalent qualification tenable for the current year in the relevant area.
- For Ph.D in Engineering Programs: Candidates should have master's degree in Engineering/Technology or a master's degree by Research in Engineering/Technology with a good academic record.
- For M.S Programmes: Candidates having Associate Membership of the following professional bodies will also be eligible for admission to the M.S. program of their parent discipline provided they have a valid GATE score and have passed both part A and part B of the Membership examinations with a good academic record.
How to apply:
- Candidates can apply online.
- To download application form, click here.
- Last date for online application: October 4, 2015